Can this game get anymore expensive?

1. power creep the f*** out of the game every expansion.
  2. rotate out good basic and classic cards.
  3. put a 100 gold cap per day INCLUDING THE QUEST so f2p have a hard time to
    do daily arenas.
  4. put packs at such a shtty price that budget players get fcked too.

slow claps well done blizzard… well done

13 Likes

You don’t have to play, there are always other things more valuable to spend your time on.

I get bored as well and play a lot less. I get fun elsewhere.

7 Likes

the damn game is addicting lol

1. Quests do not count towards the 100g cap.
  2. If you compare this to other collectible card games, it’s pretty cheap, as it does have a “free-to-play” option.
    If you compare this to other games overall, I might agree that HS is expensive.
  3. Yes, it could get more expensive. It always could.
8 Likes

Apparently you’ve never played MTG in paper…

quests do count towards the cap i st hit mine today so i know it for a fact. also I dont care about other games and just because the game is f2p doesn’t mean its cheap.

the game is not for f2p, it’s for whales who feel good buying wins and pretending it’s skill.

7 Likes

Except for the f2p players who regularly do well, reach legend, or demonstrate that it’s possible to do both within a month of starting a new account?

Moreover, I seriously doubt the majority of Hearthstone players at Rank 10+ are whales >.>…

@OP I agree ,the game is getting more expensive as of late and more could be done to make things easier on budget/f2p players, but as others have said, daily Quests do not in fact contribute towards your daily gold cap. Otherwise you could never complete multiple Quests at once, and completing certain Quests (I believe there’s a Murloc one that gives you 100 gold?) would outright prevent you from earning any more for the rest of the day. You probably played the game more than you thought and simply ground out 30 wins.

If you want confirmation, here is the Wiki talking about Quests and the daily gold limit.

4 Likes

No its not.

100 cap is for the 10 gold every 3 wins. You already capped the 30 wins.

I farm for gold portrait, so I know it for a fact.

6 Likes

They really have ramped up the cost lately. It used to alternate between Expansions and Adventures every 4 months. Then they removed adventures and just made it 3 Expansions a year which upped the cost. Now it looks like they are going with 3 expansions and 3 adventures every year which really ups the cost.

9 Likes

You could just come and play Wild.
Its cheaper anyway.
only card from DoD i currently play is DQA.(well there is ZulDrak Ritualist but its being tested atm so dont count it yet)
If i look at my deck and see what cards are from 2019. It are just
2 legendarys, 1 epic, 1 rare and 3 common cards.
And 2018 is even better. A whole year for a single rare and one common.

4 Likes

No, Quest don’t. As a f2p player also, I can tell you emphatically that you can do the Quest, and then still earn 100g via 3 wins, for a total of 30 winning games.

Can this game get anymore expensive?

No,the current price point is the max the market will bear if not some more already. so the game can not become more expensive.
With the adventures if it ends up being 3 adventures and 3 expansions every year then I think a lot of players will drop out.
Always needing the latest of the latest to compete. With only 3 expansions you can still more or less afford to play them casual and slowly build up a collection because you have 3 full months to do so and then still full month left. But if its every 1.5 month you need the newest stuff then there isn’t so much time anymore to slowly get some cards and slowly get into the expansions.

1 Like

Can it get more expensive? Yes, how about 3 Expansions and 3 Adventures with cards) going forward? I agree w/ Rassy that personally I am about my max price for HS (how I want to play it, playing decks for fun) but it could get worse.

1 Like

They’re trying to make up for their tanking playerbase.

I mean, some guy with 31k viewers playing ‘‘Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus’’ has more viewers on Twitch than all Hearthstone streams combined.

Maybe they should make some more crappy single player adventures that no one plays.

2 Likes

bingo. it’s the same no-lifers responding to and defending every criticism of blizzard here, kinda pathetic

5 Likes

i understand complaininga bout somthing but lying about it while doing it ? whyyyy?

I suppose I haven’t been as active here recently, but I suppose now is as good a time to reiterate my position that I think Blizzard needs to rework their dusting system. As it stands, the returns on dusting cards is so poor that it just feels punishing to f2p or low-end spenders.

5 Likes

Exactly !!! Thank you.

Other poster already said it. These adventure cards gonna reshape the meta. Meaning, another deck to craft. Not just some cards, but the whole deck. Must craft one deck every 1,5 month.

Man, they really need those money arent they?

1 Like

ok I might have been wrong on that point but its still a cap that shouldnt be there. if there is no reward for grind then its not a f2p game.