Bug or Hacker/Bot?

I just started playing Hearthstone again recently since my current job is super slow and boring so I play it during slow times. I was playing a game of ranked in the low Silver bracket and this person by the name of Skater8 was playing a warlock deck of some sort. It was their 5th turn and they spent 2 mana on a spell then went afk but the timer never started so I was stuck waiting on this person to return for nearly 30 minutes before deciding to just accept the loss of a star and concede. Is this a bug or someone who is using some sort of hacking/botting software that keeps the afk timer from starting?

Did the spell actually cast, or did your opponents’ card just get stuck floating in mid-air?

It went through, at least I thought it did. There weren’t any cards floating in the air like there would be with “Choose One” cards. I thought I took a screenshot before I left the game but I can’t find it. :frowning:

It sounds like you got disconnected from the game and never reconnected. That’s a known bug which can usually be spotted because the opponent ends up with a single card stuck hovering in the middle of the board (not quite like a Discover effect, more like what it looks when people play cards).

I thought I might have been dced as well at first but their avatar would occasionally emote like they were still deciding what to do. Im not at high enough of a rank for a single loss to be a big deal to me but its just so annoying to have waited through half an hour of Guldan saying “What to do” and “Hmm”

It’s possible that those emotes, specifically, are handled client-side instead of server side, so you’d still see them even when disconnected. Those aren’t player-controlled emotes.

Basically it’s what Madmax explained. Since they changed the way disconnect protection works, I’ve found my client locks on my iPad quite often. I close it and reopen it if I feel the turn has gone far beyond the usual rope timer. I’ve usually missed a turn by then.

sounds like

1 Like