[BUG] Old battletags shown on leaderboard when viewing from the US/Americas

I ofc don’t know the exact location details, but when you view the leaderboards from the US you get different results than what you get in Europe or Asia for players that have changed their name.

A couple example players:

Num 70 Briarthorn will have the correct name in Europe/Asia, but will have their old name brimful in the US

Formerly Eclipse, now Win

Num 42 Win will have the correct name in Europe/Asia, but will have their old name Eclipse in the US

This is not new, I’ve been aware of this since April (sorry for not reporting sooner :sweat_smile:). I’ve seen this behavior multiple times, and have had various people also report this behavior.

In case it’s helpful, here are reference VPN servers that show this behavior (all Windscribe):

US: New York | Empire
Germany: Frankfurt | Castle
Korea: Seoul | Metro

Has there been any progress made on this? I’ve been dealing with this issue since November and I really need to get it resolved as it’s impacting my ability to grow on Twitch.

The current state is different. I have not done an extensive check like I did before with VPNs, but it seems that it now just flip-flops between old and new even in Europe. At least that is what my server experiences for current leaderboards.