Bot Accounts issue

Yes, because forcing people to win 3 games to even get anything, is really more “healthy” for the game, forcing people to play only the best decks for win not for fun if you want to get anywhere.

I pretty much prefer Yu-gi-oh duel links reward system, where you get premium currency for playing also pve with bots not only pvp and people have choice what they want. The exp you get for pve in HS is laughable.

Contrary to earlier post, there is no sticky in the bug forum thread on how to report bots. Bots are making classic unplayable. Allowing the game to degrade to the extent where you are looking at 50%+ bots at certain rank cutoffs poorly reflects on how Blizzard upholds the integrity of the game.

1 Like

I was referring to another issue.
If instead of gaining XP based on time we would gain XP based on actions (actual turns, cards, trades, damage etc.), then there would be a very little benefit from using bots to farm XP

You know that bots can still play cards, right? They just don’t want to in the current system since it’s likely that the every game will take more than 30 minutes which will result in less exp.

Imo the solution is to make a better way of gaining exp for the bots where they won’t be in the playable modes. Bots/AFKers will always be present where the reward is the biggest.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/training-room-for-exp-suggestion/62417/14

Here is what my older suggestion was.

I mean, people are here to play a game, not just to win against afk. Can’t really test your deck against an opponent that plays nothing at all, and can’t concede;next without losing a rank. I would say that’s annoying.

Also, who are you to dictate what people find annoying? Especially when “having no interaction” is generally a very annoying playstyle in this game.
Besides, there’s also this:

make up your mind

1 Like

I will accept this opinion as truth for our discussion.

This is not true. The mere fact that the OP mentions a “bot” proves that people are indeed here to AFK. The debate is whether or not their choice has significant enough impact on the rest of the player base to warrant the time, money and mental effort required to prevent it. My stance is that people may have run into 1 or 2 and decided that because others have also experienced 1 or 2, it must be an epidemic, however that doesn’t make it an issue. I’ve yet to read a single comment that explains what the “issue” really is, other than, ‘They aren’t suppose to play that way and it annoys me when they do it’. Want to give it a try?

If you are playing test decks in Ranked mode then you don’t understand what Ranked mode is for but I can’t judge. I stop ranking around gold 5 to earn what I want and play whatever floats my boat afterwards… so… I will concede that your statement is true.

Traditionally I’d agree. The OP has stated they didn’t care about rank. It’s not a topic at debate here.

I’m just going to label this as “Ironic”.

I have. Have you? I’ll concede that the word “annoying” has as much flexibility as something like the word “intelligence”. I’ll leave you to reason out how they correlate.

As for me being empathetic to that poster. Thank you for the reminder that I am indeed capable of being a good person at times. :slight_smile:

Poke, what is your issue regarding people talking about bots and wanting to report them? Are you afraid to get banned or what? I see no problem in banning farmers/ropers/botters so i don’t get why you are so apologetic and trying to troll people asking how to report them.

since is something that it’s allowed by the game, there would be a problem to ban those people.

I consider “farmers” people that like me, sometimes start a game and leave it there without doing anything, to complete a “play X games as class Y”, for example.

I am not sure about bots, but they are probably already bannable

Reread what I said: I didn’t say people aren’t here to AFK.

I didn’t say play a test deck, but the whole point of ranked is to see how well your deck stands against other decks. That is what I mean by ‘testing your deck’ and I don’t really know how you misinterpreted that.

I’m not debating what the OP said, I’m responding to your own argument, made before the OP said anything about not caring about rank.

So, despite saying on another thread that you think roping/afk is annoying, you have now come to the conclusion that it is not?

Well, I am fighting to end in top #100 legend. I am not gonna risk that by having fun with my Shadow Priest deck. I could go to Casual instead. But I would rather play on my alt accounts and face real ladder decks to perfect them instead of gimmick decks and get ladder rewards on those accounts instead while climbing.

The issue is obvious bot accounts that systematically hover over the hero power every 4th second. And the game against them takes forever because they actually end their turn.
And there are a lot of these on the Asian server.

1 Like

You misunderstand what I’ve written, if you think that I have issue with people talking about bots. I’ve stated my concerns. I’m not being hostile nor am I “trolling” people. The question is simple, what is the issue so great that it requires programmer intervention to solve? Maybe I missed something that you can point out?

Reread what I said. That’s not why I quoted it.

I didn’t. You seem to lack something but I can’t put my finger on it either. Not my problem to solve… moving on.

So have you bothered to read the entire thread then? Or do you just pop from comment to comment in order to gain some kind of personal validation? Again… not my problem to solve. Moving on.

That’s not what I said. You accuse me of a lack in comprehension however you don’t seem to understand empathy doesn’t equal agreement. I don’t find roping annoying at all because I’m not in a rush to get to the next game.

Calm down. Reread the thread in a voice that doesn’t sound angry or condescending. Like the old librarian that read you books at circle time kind of voice, seriously. Too much anger over the craziest things these days.

It’s not obvious and I’ve stated why many many times now. Someone taking their timer doesn’t effect your game in a negative way at all. You obviously do care about rank to some degree on that account. You are misrepresenting yourself and your experiences in order to drive a agenda against some unknown barely existent entity, which is curious to say the least.

My biggest problem with these threads is two fold; The first as I’ve stated is the inability to tell anyone what problem it is actually causing. The second is the go to “you’re not in that bracket so it’s not a problem for you” attitude. It’s just a sad way of confirming that even IF it was true, it only effects the “elite” and as such the idea that the company should give 1 cent of thought to it is pure entitlement BEYOND MEASURE.

I’m more than willing to discuss the issue and even back a solution. People would rather argue though.

Well, sir: as above, I have the quote right here:

Am I right to assume, then, that when you say “I know” you mean “I have heard/understand from others that”? There is a difference in meaning here that you may be ignoring.

Your inference that I’m reading with anything other than an objective tone is ironic.

But that’s the context in which you responded. Do you expect me to respond to an irrelevant tangent?

Also irrelevant. I’m seeking answers to specific things you wrote, not things others wrote. If you don’t want to answer, that’s one thing; it’s another thing to answer my questions with strawman arguments and evasive tangents. All that does is derail the conversation, and suddenly were debating semantics when the original questions are just as unclear and unanswered.

This right here. Again I’ll label “ironic” and end my discourse with you, as it has nothing to do with the OP and more to do with your need to fulfill something more within… you.

Be well.

Bye :slightly_smiling_face:
//20characters

I remember when people used to farm fightcash in Street fighter V they would just turn on turbo button and enter ranked, since actions = exp. It wasn’t necessary bots. If you played against real bot there is big chance you wouldn’t be even able to distinguish it from real player, since bot programs are paid and they do a good job at climbing ranks if they reached legend in the past.

In case of ropers a ban is probably too harsh. Maybe making their turn timer shorter if they rope for X amount of time in a row or something.

I think this quest is dumb and encourages such behavior. Blizzard should replace it with something else (maybe win 1 or 2 games instead). But how about you stop thinking only about yourself and make this enjoyable for fellow players of this game? How about you just sit there and skip your turns at least until you lose? Although i would prefer you actually play. No? You are more important than everyone else and you don’t care someone will get annoyed for 5-10 minutes? Then why should i care if Blizzard bans you for a day or two for this? Only the merrier for those who actually play :slight_smile: And i will not argue about semantics and technicalities (it is allowed, etc.). I am talking about not being selfish and respecting other people’s time.

I was not even thinking about bots until a few days before i started seeing strange behavior (repeating mouse moves, playing random cards, roping) way too often so i started looking in the forums. It seems to be on the rise.

1 Like

You can’t make turns shorter, if you are playing complex classes like rogue there are so many possibilities that current time barely is enough to think over everything you can do. Also in the arena one mistake can cost you a game (with unfamiliar setup) so you want to use your time to the limit. Of course, if you play a deck like a mage or a hunter, that requires minimum thinking you will be upset when someone takes all his time to make choice.

1 Like

they don’t do anything… I’ve reported the same people mutliple times and nothing is ever done, im in a game with one of them now who has been botting days on end if not weeks.

the messege im getting is that blizzard wants people to bot because they refuse simple solutions to the problem…

One must first possess integrity, to uphold it.