Boomboss TNT bug

Apparently if your board is empty the TNT deletes 2 cards from your deck now. This is a huge problem as this card is also currently a big card in the meta and should be disabled till it at least works as intended.

For more context of what exactly happened: I played against a wishing well/excavate Rouge and they got a copy of Boomboss from their Wishing well. They played that Boomboss several times and whenever i drew a TNT it would always delete 2 cards from my deck. For the second card that got destroyed i got the overdraw animation as if my hand was full despite only having 4 to 5 cards in hand whenever it happened.

Sidenite: Despite never actually playing the card myself except once where i generated it randomly in a match, since the last patch with the Boomboss change i get the credit for the TNT achievement despite my enemy playing Boomboss.

Update: Now 1 TNT deleted 1 card from my Battlefield, 1 card from hand and 2 cards from my deck.

Are you sure that it really destroys 2 cards from your deck ?
It’s normal to see your card number go down by 3 each time you draw a TNT.
there’s the TNT on itself, the card that is destroyed, and the card that you draw afterward.
If you’re at 20 cards in your deck and draw a TNT, you’ll end up at 17 remaining cards.

no it showed that it destroyed 3 cards when i hovered over it and the 2 cards where missing from my deck. In that particular game i drew thrue my entire deck so i know that i had never drawn any of the cards. Like i said for the second card that got destroyed from my deck i got the animation as if i had a full hand despite that not being the case.

Edit: It also showed that it destroyed 4 cards when i had a minion on board

That’s strange since you said it happened in multiple games for you but I couldn’t replicate it.
Do you play with a tracker ? a replay could be very helpful.

The animation for destroying a card in your deck is the same as when you overdraw though.
https://shorturl.at/wGNRX
There’s also the fact that when a TNT draws another TNT, it will indicate 4 cards in the log : the 3 it has destroyed, and the TNT it drew.
https://shorturl.at/txDZ8

I’ve done 3 test runs and each time the behavior is the same : 1 TNT drawn : minus 3 cards in deck, 2 TNT drawn : minus 5 cards in deck
https://hsreplay.net/replay/C4UVGQjyz3GPgmQPNzyQxs turns 9 and 16
https://hsreplay.net/replay/nW8ehsiAzgV2NcQPrHKdad turn 10, ally and ennemy
https://hsreplay.net/replay/2kn4TRXGELmPWYdrLgkB6M turns 11, 14, 15 and 16

I noticed it only in the game i played against a rouge and i have yet to play against a Boomboss since then. I am not sure what exactly triggered it. As i think it didnt happen when a Warrior played Boomboss against me before. Like i said the TNT works normally destroying a card in my deck, hand and if possible board and then it would burn a card as if my hand was full. Sadly i dont use any trackers or external features.

Edit: If it helps i was playing highlander priest and my opponent was a Wishing Well/Excavate Rouge.

I can confirm, this is happening to me all the time in Warrior mirrors. I draw a bomb and it destroys more cards than it should. One in hand, TWO out of my deck, and then it draws one. But it should only destroy one in hand, one in deck, then draw one. I will try to record it. There are TWO burned card animations, despite the hand not being full. It’s bugged out!! The problem is that it is not happening consistently, only on some games. And I can’t figure out why and when it happens. But it definitely happens.

If you play on pc the easy way to record is having a deck tracker, you don’t have anything to do once it’s running (beside maybe just enabling the replay system)

I have a deck tracker running and I have a game where it happened recorded: shorturl.at/wGNRX

I find the event log really hard to understand, I don’t think the deck tracker is actually interpreting the T.N.T. interaction properly. Or it just reveals the bug. When my opponent added 6 bombs to my deck on turn 8, the event logs reads weird stuff like “otz steals [T.N.T.] using [Boomboss Tho’grun]”

Then on the following turn, this happened:

otz steals [T.N.T.] using [T.N.T.]
otz draws [T.N.T.] from [T.N.T.]
otz discards [Bladestorm] from their deck
otz steals [Bladestorm] using [T.N.T.]
otz discards [T.N.T.]
otz steals [T.N.T.] using [T.N.T.]
otz discards [Shield Slam]
otz draws [T.N.T.] from [T.N.T.]
otz steals [Sanitize] using [T.N.T.]
otz discards [Trial by Fire]
otz discards [Badlands Brawler] from their deck
otz steals [Badlands Brawler] using [T.N.T.]
otz draws [Sanitize] from [T.N.T.]
otz discards [T.N.T.]
[Ignis, the Eternal Flame] dies

What does that mean “otz discards [T.N.T.], otz steals [T.N.T.] using [T.N.T.]”.
Makes no sense to me. Another interaction happened on my turn 11.
Reading through the event log, I think the problem happens when you draw T.N.T. into T.N.T. - it won’t show the T.N.T. as a drawn card, but instead it will burn another card from your deck, probably because of the new rule that T.N.T. can’t destroy T.N.T.
This is my best guess atm. I will still try to record a video to show it in action, it will be easier to explain.

You can post links with the preformated text option </>
can’t make your link work btw

so im not the only one. i thought i was tweaking.
now a stupid broken deck is bugged on top of it. greeeeeat

Sorry, this is the link:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/59okcLj36YorxywvFkvkkY

For me your turn 9 is perfectly normal
You have 21 cards, you draw 2 TNT, you end up at 16 cards, just how it should be.
Same thing for your turn 11
You have 14 cards, you draw a normal one you’re at 13, then you draw 3 TNT and end up at 6, that’s the correct number

From the replay it does look to me like you drew TNT into TNT as 2 cards were deleted from your hand on turns 8 and 11. If you see this happen again, check the visual bar on the left side of the screen during the game, it should show what happened more clearly than the replay can

The event log is difficult for me to understand as well

I mean I cannot rule out that this is just a visual bug, might be the order of animations or the cards shown when you hover over the TNT on the sidebar. I will try to show what I mean.