Beginner F2P deck advice request

Hi,

I just recently picked up HS, I cannot put any money in it because it does not let me to sign in or to create an account, hence looking at F2P now.

I got some free packs from the game, not many though. Even the budget decks I am looking at would need >1000 dust, and I was only able to gather 425. With the little gold from Play and poor decks getting smashed by everyone (I am a terrible deck engineer) I do not see chances of getting the required amount anytime soon.

With only legends being Galakronds, Sathrovar, Yesta, Tirion Fordring, Mirozond the Infinie and Scargil, and a poor collection of other cards, what would be the best choice to build around? I thought Galakrond Priest with Mirozond was good option but the only deck lists for DoD are ~10000 and I do not know how to substitute expensive cards.

Would appreciate any advice.
Cheers

1 Like

Just a starter read, if you are interested.

Other than that there is quite a few peeps that may be able to help you at below discord group.

1 Like

When you start out in HS you won’t have many cards. This means that a lot of decks you make need cheap substitute cards to replace that Ysera or whatever. Basically the goal of replacing a card in a deck is to make sure that whatever you replace it with fulfills the same goal as the card you don’t have. If you don’t have bloodmage thalnos, for example, you can probably just replace him with another cheap card draw.

Unfortunately, this means a lot of decks are ones you as a beginner can’t play until you get more cards. Freeze mage is an example of a deck that shouldn’t be played by beginners, because the amount of cards you would have to substitute out would seriously affect how the deck works.

The kind of decks you want as a beginner are simple straightforward decks, like aggo or zoo. The goal of both decks is to throw on curve minions at the board and hit your opponents face as often as possible unless a trade is too good to pass up. Don’t get me wrong, there are other decks beginners can play besides aggro and zoo, but they are basically the standard decks of the class with some minor variations. While those decks are balanced, they may or may not be viable in the meta.

4 Likes

As someone had said aggro decks are your best bet for now. Cheaper (but still requires effort to earn gold to open packs, and earn dust to craft them).

If you focus on farming gold now than enjoying the game for the next 1-2 years I’m sure you will finally see some fun with your collection in 2 years. Speaking from experience I stayed at rank 20 for years as a f2p player but now I have most of the essential cards (key: this does not mean I have most of the cards).

The first and most important thing to do right now is build your collection. You really don’t want to be disenchanting things until you have clear goals as to what you’re going to do with the dust you get.

Here’s a few decks that should be okay. They’re all just over 1000 dust a piece but changes can be made based on the cards you have. These are just cores that can be played around with.

They all have similar game plans. Basically, you’ll be putting stuff out quickly and hoping to end the game as soon as possible. None of these currently run the recently nerfed faceless corruptor but that’s a fine addition if you have it. If you have snake trap or toxic reinforcements, those fit into the hunter deck.

Early Zoo

Class: Warlock

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Argent Squire

2x (1) Blazing Battlemage

2x (1) Flame Imp

2x (1) Grim Rally

2x (1) Soulfire

2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x (2) EVIL Genius

2x (2) Knife Juggler

2x (3) Doubling Imp

2x (3) Duskbat

2x (3) Shadow Bolt

2x (3) Shattered Sun Cleric

2x (4) Dark Iron Dwarf

2x (4) Spellbreaker

2x (6) Argent Commander

AAECAf0GAA+ZAtwC4ATyBfUFigeSB84HsQjCCLjuAvT3AtyGA4idA/muAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Early Face

Class: Hunter

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter

2x (1) Elven Archer

1x (1) Springpaw

2x (1) Tracking

2x (2) Explosive Trap

2x (2) Freezing Trap

2x (2) Headhunter’s Hatchet

2x (2) Hunter’s Mark

2x (2) Phase Stalker

2x (3) Animal Companion

2x (3) Blackwald Pixie

1x (3) Deadly Shot

1x (3) Desert Spear

1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow

2x (3) Ironbeak Owl

2x (3) Kill Command

2x (4) Lifedrinker

AAECAR8ExQj+DKCFA+SkAw2NAaICqAKFA7UDhwTJBJcI5e8C7/ECsIsD+68D/K8DAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Early Combo

Class: Rogue

Year of the Dragon

2x (0) Backstab

2x (1) Bloodsail Flybooter

2x (1) Serrated Tooth

2x (1) Southsea Deckhand

2x (2) Bloodsail Howler

2x (2) Cold Blood

2x (2) Eviscerate

2x (2) Parachute Brigand

2x (2) Sap

2x (3) EVIL Miscreant

2x (3) SI:7 Agent

2x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar

2x (4) Plaguebringer

2x (4) Walk the Plank

2x (6) Cursed Castaway

AAECAYO6AgAPtAGMAs0D1AWIB90I3+8CroUDs4UDzowDj5cDkJcDz6wDv64D6bADAA==

Try Warlock.

Don’t open WW, BDP, or RR packs!
Don’t craft cards from those sets!
They will be Wild only in April.

Open DoD packs to get the Warlock Galakrond support and the deck builds itself. Use replacements for the 2018 set cards.