Battlegrounds - time to remove all poisons

A strong mech build crushes Murlocs. Same from leapfrogger or Exodia Pirates if they’re built right.

1 Like

it should be based on stats and positioning, not because someone puts in quick poisons to destroy your big minions.

If someone has outscaled you there is no positioning that matters. In fact nothing will matter, and it’s generally impossible to catch up. The devs are even replacing the current neutral poison option with something even more powerful (leeroy will snipe a unit even if it was shielded), because they clearly understand this is an important tool in the game.

Overall I don’t understand why there aren’t more cheers from the low rank anti-poison crowd; the most powerful and ubiquitous poison unit in the game is being replaced, SI Sefin got nerfed, and Murlocs got a unit that encourages stat-based scaling.

1 Like

Exactly this.

I think they did a good job of understanding what needed to change and did a good job attacking the actual issue rather than the latent QQ from the unwashed.

other massive states and Devine shield… what is the counter for Devine shield poison?

Your counter to massive stats is to get massive stats on your own, instead of wanting an easy way to beat something that took a lot of effort to build. Remove the couple of huge health causing minions and let’s be done with poison. Anyone that thinks a 1/1 poison bought in the tavern should be able to take out a 100/100 weaver a player has been working on since turn 1 and cost 2/3 of his life total is lame.

1 Like

Divine shield resets, deathrattle token growth, pings…

so… just beast lol what if beast isn’t in the game

You obviously don’t understand scaling in this game very well if you think the answer to someone who is outscaling you is to just “get massive stats”.

1 Like

Beasts. Or Mechs. Or Dragons. Or by the way even just massive stats if you’ve got some deathrattles or more big stuff than they have poison.

Never mind, by the way, that Divine Shield + Poison requires either hero specific powers or exactly Amalgadon.

yeah… that is the problem LOL.

No, you obviously just do not want to have to actually build stats. My biggest minion has super high attack, not defense. High attack isn’t hard to pull off. Shoot that one guys add +3 attack every time a taunt is attacked. You can scale super high attack in no time. What?! You don’t want to have to actually work to earn the ability to beat someone that pulled a perfect start? You want an easy way to offset his incredible luck? Well, too bad.

The only thing I take away from your posts on battleground is that you are a complete linear player and pretty much awful at the mode.

People that cry about poison in the mode are objectively bad at the mode, which is why they are so shocked when their giant shiny gets rolled out of the mode by an actual build.

Actually, it’s exactly the opposite. The person worked to beat your perfect start after they didn’t get a perfect start.

Skill in the mode isn’t about what you do when you’re handed a highroll, it’s about how often you can stop the other highrolls without getting one of your own.

And before you tell me it’s all rng, I am sure it is for you because you only know one way to play. Most of the people who are good know that player agency plays a much larger role than you want to admit.

There are so many ways to do it if you’ve got a clue about how the mode works. Most of the end game is a mix of ideas that cobble together to win. This is especially true when it gets down to one or two players left and you can change your order and comp to specifically beat your opponent.

I bet the poison haters aren’t even smart enough to make Baron not be the lowest attack, lol.

Edit: there is really good insight in the pinned Dev insight post on BG at the top of the page. Glad to have confirmation that Arana is OP atm, lol. Also, I am playing just outside the top 1% right now, which I would not have guess since I am not really working all that hard to play heroes I don’t like.

2 Likes

I have always hated building massive minions and having them 1 shot.

This awareness began way back before BG’s with when Magnetic was introduced.

I would make this huge magnetic monstrosity, only to have it silenced, or poisoned… I paid like 20 mana to build this minion and you spend 3 mana to destroy it.

There needs to be better balance in regards to cost VS survivability.

I don’t play BG’s often because of poison.

So, Blizzard, if you want more money, fix it.

Good movie. I normally frown on necromancy but this one gets my seal of meme approval.

And your opponent was likely legitimately laughing at you because part of this game is anticipation of what your opponent will play. Dumping all your eggs in a tall pile is very bad against many classes and the onus is on you to know this.

I know I would laugh at you if you did all that without baiting my removal on something else, especially if I was a class that was known for cheap removal/silence/poly effects.

If your approach to magnetic is analogous to your approach to BG, it is likely best if you do not play the mode very much because it will only make you angry.

There are many ways to win in the Battleground and stats is only one of them, the one favored by new and poor-quality players.

If you did not yet read the post that was shared, there is a plethora of insight that speaks directly to your frustration and the resistance you have received to your suggestions. The take away is that like top legend, top battleground has a different meta.

She is, without doubt, my favorite hero right now. She can scale to 6 faster than Omu, maintain a board the entire time, and her buddy works similar to Omu in that it provides guaranteed Tier 6 minions but it is better because it is discover. So broken in the right hands.

1 Like

Si:Sefin
Avenge(3): gives one other friendly murlock poisonous.
(Not permanently)

Problem solved.

I’ve hit 8300mmr, s according to that one post I’m in the top 1%, lol. So, maybe you’re the one that sucks. :slight_smile:

Sure you did.

lol

I shoulda taken a screenshot to shove in your face and make you look stupid. I will next time, lol. It’s ok. Keep trying, kiddo. You might get there.