Battlegrounds hero suggestions for bottom tier

I’ve posted about the bottom being more uneven than the top for the most part and was so happy to see Reno and Lich King get better (sorry, Galakrond). There are so many cool abilities stuck on underpowered heroes, that I just wanted to make suggestions.

If it matters, I am a former pro card player, sit around 8000mmr +/- 500 and have 500 hours of play.

EUDORA
-Pay 1: Take 1 damage and dig. 4 digs finds a gold.
(It’s back to the correct game tempo and players will probably take 12 self-inflected damage total, but this would still be much better but not broken)

GALAKROND
-Pay 0: Take 2 damage, change a tavern minion to one of a higher tier and freeze it
(Yes, this would be awesome, but it wouldn’t be beyond the new top tier of Lich King, Omu, and Maiev)

ARANNA
-Pay 0: take 1 damage to fill the empty slots in Bob’s tavern
(It would giver her powerful selections a little better than Noz, but she takes damage for the privilege and late game it wanes in power as the slots are already filled)

MUKLA
-Pay 0: take 1 damage to gain 2 bananas and give 1 to everyone else
(If you’ve tried Mukla, you would know this would really help in the early game, where you struggle to get bananas going.)

ELISE
-Pay 3: Discover a minion from the current tier
(This would make her fun late game and viable. Because there aren’t any stat bonuses going on, it’s unlikely it would be broken. It would just enable a lot of harder to put together strats)

SINDRAGOSA
-Pay 0: Freeze one minion in Bob’s tavern and give it +1/+1
(This idea came from Galakrond’s recent update and seeing how it was much more fun to have your board changing. This way, Sindragosa gets to nurse an early game minion and later can still get +1+1 on her higher tier units like she did previously, but now she can give it a bonus and buy it the same turn, which really makes her a mid-top level hero.)

NEFARIAN
-Pay 1: Do damage equal to half your tavern level (round up) to your opponents minions at the start of combat
(Nefarian needs some love. He is so close to being useful, but right now after round 3, he only is good for hitting divine shields. If we can bump it up a little, it can start to impact winning. At most, it would do 3 to all of your opponents things, which doesn’t seem all that OP. It would just allow him to get late game without taking as much damage along the way)

TESS
-Pay 0: Refresh the tavern with your opponent’s minions
(If it costs zero, it would compare to Noz. Yes, late game it would be much better than Noz, but early and mid game, there are many times it would be worthless, as you will be committed to a different tribe or you have just leveled and want to see minions off the higher tier)

I hope you like one or more of these ideas, but flames are ok too.

Best

1 Like

Some thoughts on the post:

It might make here even more broken than before. A no mana HP would ensure a golden minion in turn4 (6 coins), meaning an ensured t4 minion and a potential golden t3 minion plus an earlier, safer tavern upgrading. 1 HP self damage would have next to 0 impact. Unless I missed something, this is gamebreaking.

Nice suggestion, gala would be fine like this.

I like it! Gives a room for more strategic plays and raises the skill ceiling.

Not bad. Current mukla seems terrible. This change would bring the rewards on par with the mukla’s risk.

While it might be very strong on T5 tavern, it looks good. Provides some safety as game goes on. If it makes her too safe, it could be pay 4 instead (unplayable in early game though…).

Weaker early game, stronger in mid/late game. Seems good. If early game suffers, she could give +1/+2.

I like it a lot! Nefarian needs some love for sure.

Divided about that one. It might break her, or make her greatly balanced. Tess is a choice that always felt weird to play (at least to me), so I prefer not to comment in this one.

Overall: Very decent ideas (apart of Eudora which is looks frightening tbh). I’ve noticed that you favour self damage a lot in these suggestions. Is it about the risk/reward factor of it? Because I too think it’s a nice idea to involve health more as a resource.

Keep them up!

Thanks. I just really want more viable variety, right?

I totally meant for Eudora to pay 1 gold and 1 life to go back to four digs. It would be OP at zero like you said. Good catch.

Yes, I like damage as a balancing factor to give another element to balance the game beyond gold and stats. I wish they would rework Patchwerk and consider give all heroes slightly different life totals ranging from 35-45 or so with 40 being the average. This way you can take a hero who is difficult to balance their ability or gold cost and use life. For example, (top of my head here) maybe Eudora goes back to her 4 standard digs but starts at a much lower amount than average.

1 Like

Uh

Isn’t that Eudora far stronger than her pre-nerf power where she was the unquestioned number 1 hero?

What does health matter when you never lose starting turn four?

Yup it was a typo. I completely agree. I meant to say 1 gold and 1 life for four digs. It would be like the prior Eudora but pays 12 total life for her. But because I typo-d it i will just edit my post.