Battlegrounds has turned into High Roll BS

This topic is clearly about your definition of “garbage cards” is getting you killed. I am not shocked you aren’t following the discussion because you clearly lack knowledge of how to properly play the game mode.

No, it is about you not knowing how to play well enough to not lose early when you don’t get those cards.

Except I don’t. There are multiple ways to incrementally build to protect yourself from bad beats. That’s the whole skill piece of this mode and what allows people to continue to climb long after you’re hard stuck and whinning about “meh ha rollz, maaaaam, meh ha rollzz”

They are removed from the pool when they are gone. It only works that turn. After the tavern reshuffles, discovers are part of the pool and are never discoverable again.

I have literally played all the amalgams in a lobby and not been offered them in discovers again when they should have been the only option. Once all of a minion is in use, it can’t be discovered.

Keep blaming this and keep losing. This isn’t the problem for you.

Sure, everyone else is wrong. You’re the best player in the history of battlegrounds, and you’ve done wonderful things by gracing us with your encyclopedic knowledge.

Thank you, master of the battlegrounds.

/s

Dude, you’re not good for a reason, and it’s not rng.

You act like stacking stats is some revolutionary idea that no one understands. If you don’t get busted cards, you stack stats on anything you can to try to not bottom 4, that doesn’t take away from the fact the busted cards are auto top four steam roll.

Show me your 9k+ rating.

That is now how it works at all man. There is no way for Amalgams to be literally the only option. Because if it was, it would have either been an Amalgam or nothing. Discoveries literally give anything in that tier or tribe of cards depending on the discovery method used. Once it is discovered and sold, it is now part of the pool of cards available. End of story, that is how it works.

I rarely am bottom 4, it isn’t an issue of losing, it is an issue, again as the title states, it is about losing to high roll.

Explain that to RDU, he literally went on a tirade about it today. I am guessing you think he sucks? I mean, evidently it is only I, him and the other people in this thread and other threads on the front page of this forum. Gotta be us right. A top 10 player in EU thinks the game is high roll, then he must be garbage. /s

You never used hamuul to get all the amalgams? Never milked flurgl’s buddy for them because there weren’t any other T6 murlocs?

Clearly you need to do some research. Watch what hamuul does at 15:42… and that’s just the first result and not even a deep search into how it was done.

I FINALLY DID IT! PURE AMALGADON BUILD! - Hearthstone Battlegrounds - YouTube

Let me know when you’re in his lobby and we can revisit the topic.

Until then, you and your ~5500 rating can keep practicing because you’re not losing from highrolls.

It happens to the best of us! But don’t let a few bad games ruin your Hearthstone experience. This game is amazing, with endless possibilities and opportunities for growth. Take a break, come back with a positive attitude, and try a new deck or strategy. You’ll be amazed at how much fun you can have and how much you can learn. And who knows, you may discover a new favorite deck or playstyle! Keep on playing, and enjoy the ride!

I have a hypothesis that doesn’t involve unusual weighting. And that hypothesis is: Risen Rider is surprisingly strong, even late.

If you think about it, the more willing you are to take a specific Tier 1 card, the easier you’ll triple. Tier 1s are already the easiest cards to triple just because there are more of them in the pool than other tiers. So the stronger a tribe’s Tier 1s (and Tier 2s), the more Golden that tribe gets.

If I was in charge of BGs, I’d remove Taunt from Risen Rider. Probably give it to Scarlet Skull, as part of moving that minion to Tier 3, but I’m not sure about that part. Just sure that Rider doesn’t need Taunt.

1 Like

With undead rotating in and out now it’s not as polarizing but i still think they are pretty close to where they should be. Outside of the really high roll early on they are more than beatable.

I’m a huge fan of Chronormu. You can put together a massive minion quickly that pure undead builds have a problem with. The better undead builds just go for summoners and scam minions.

Again, this is a discovery. It now adds those to the pool, just like Yogg. But you said this below. So which one is it?

Do you even understand HOW this happens? I want you to try to explain the interaction to me, as you see it, because I know EXACTLY why this interaction is happening, and why he can fill the board with it.

You can watch him every day in the morning US time, he streams for 8 hours a day or so. You can be in the lobby with him right on stream. https://www.twitch.tv/rdulive

It DOES NOT. It removes them from the pool. Once seven are in play you cannot get more.

What a desperate and pathetic existence. I feel sorry for that person. Awful.

I never have and never will watch anyone stream video games. Absolutely stupid.

Cheers, mate.

I do.

You seem to know everything, so good luck to you.

Battlegrounds has been highroll since day 1.

I would get 3 mecharoos offered Turn 1 and opponents would have Tidecallers.

It is a statisical skill game but with little agency within a single game (Quests were an exception and those were great).

If you are just figuring this out now, you are a C-lister – I mean this is just how it is.

This is false.

People who suck loved quests because they made the game a straight line. They were way more game breaking than any other format because you literally won or lost based on the strength of your quest and your speed to complete it.

It took nearly all the nuance out of playing.

People that are struggling right now got lulled to sleep by easy mode quest meta.

Winning is top four. The skill in the mode isn’t winning when one gets the nutz draw, it’s winning top four when you get seemingly unrelated, craptastic draw.

Making a win out of basically nothing is the fun.

Dude makes serious money from streaming. I would fair to bet he is close to if not at 6 figures USD and that is a TON of money in Romania. I would say that is pretty good for a day job.

Thanks for your critique.

My peak 11800 MMR (for a month) makes me FAR better at this game mode than anyone participating in this forum.

You can have your opinions, but MMR is the measurement stick of applying them.

You aren’t even qualified to wear my jock strap, dude.

Sure it is.

lol. Seriously, lol.

I am curious, what is your MMR? You still haven’t answered that question.