Battlegrounds: Coin Toss in Tavern

Flip the coin for the turn order in the tavern.

Turn order is a huge part of a strategy in any game. Inform the players who is going first and second in the next match up. Simple fix to an incredibly frustrating part of battlegrounds.

2 Likes

Because it only applies when you have the same amount of minions. The game doesn’t know who has what until the timer runs out in the buy phase

2 Likes

Which is still a guessing game.

Would the community prefer to know who went first in the next match up vs. the way it is now?

I personally would like to know the turn order.

Way too much power is in turn order, either they need to give the second person some benefit or nerf some of these minions that give huge advantage on first attack.

1 Like

Does amount of minions matter on who goes first? Do you have any source on how turn order works in BG?

Whoever have the most minions will always go first, I think everything else is random.

The player with the higher number of minions will go first. If both players have the same amount of minions it is a 50/50 coin flip decided at the start of the combat phase of the match.

I am suggesting the coin toss is done in the tavern and both players are made aware of the result. This would add more strategic thinking before the combat phase.

The game consists of a ton of luck right now. Handing a little bit of control back to the player would be good for game play.

1 Like

You are matched before the battle phase. You can see your next opponent on the left hand side of the UI.
From my experience, going first more often than not results in a win. I am suggesting a different approach to the system.

How about a new hero called Murloc Holmes.
HP: Detective Inspection
You always see exactly how many minions of each minion type your next opponent has, you also know exactly who how many minion they have in real time, and who will go first.
this sacrafices the advantage of HP for strategetic planning.

What I would love to see them do is make is so whoever is lower on rankings goes first.

1 Like

There should be a cost if you raise your tavern tier more quickly and have fewer minions. Those people who are low in the rankings at the start could be players who will eventually recover due to a higher tavern tier. They don’t need any extra advantage. If you want to always go first, you can try to be first to seven minions.

Sorry I deleted the post. I don’t know where my head was at this morning when I wrote it lol.