Battlegrounds: Beasts/Murlocs win every lobby they're in

The upcoming changes aren’t going to nerf murlocs enough and they aren’t even touching beasts.

This meta is stale and extremely frustrating.

Sigh. Again, let me post The Chart:
https://i.imgur.com/wT7RqlY.png

25% (Beasts) + 29% (Murlocs) < 100%. Heck, it’s not even 55%. Yeah, they’re overrepresented (20% each would be balanced), but let’s not exaggerate.

The problem with beasts is that every scrub can just win with them because they play themselves. They keep giving this type of build support. Chicken needs to go away still.

No it doesn’t. Look at the chart. It’s not the endgame of Beasts that’s OP, it’s the midgame. Beasts should be nerfed but it absolutely should not be to one of their Tier 6 minions. The problem is that they too consistently survive long enough to find those late game pieces, while everyone else is just trying hard not to go 8th.

1 Like

Anywhere from 150/150 to 400/400 minions popping up repeatedly in endgame is absolutely op.

25% and 29% are massive compared to the others. That means in a lobby with both murlocs and beasts, there’s a 54% chance one of them will win. There are 7 tribes in a lobby. That’s crazy.

No. There are 5. Why would you say 7?

5 rotating named tribes.
then you have Neutrals and Spells

unconventional, to call those tribes, but they are just as partitioned as the others are from each other.

Im not assuming thats what they meant but it did come to my mind when I read that.

HSReplay, the source of the data here, doesn’t consider menagerie to be a composition. At all. If your second-to-final board is 2 Motley Phalanx, Kel’thusad, Warpwing, Titus and two Hawkstriders, it counts that as a win for Beasts (because that’s what it’d say if it hovers over your portrait in the app, it’d say 4 Beasts). If it would say “mixed minions” it just doesn’t count it at all, but that basically never happens anyway.

It does it this way so that it doesn’t need to see the full board to know how to classify the composition. When Bob is eliminated, even if you’re not Bob and you don’t play against Bob, if you have the HSR tracker installed and you’re in the same lobby as Bob, it collects the information because you could hover over Bob’s name and see his comp description. Even if you don’t actually hover, the game client has the data so the tracker can read it.

So for all practical purposes, no, neutral and spells are not tribes.

That’s fair. Maybe it’s a multitude of factors as you say , that enables them to get to the chicken.
I still think chicken should be removed from the game though. Hopefully in a couple weeks with the new season. Or duos.
I think Kayley and I will make a decent team.

I didnt actually claim they were, i just mentioned it’d be unconventional to call them tribes. But to summarize what I was getting at, there are 7 different groups of cards in every lobby, 5 rotating tribes, neutrals, and spells. Again, Im not calling neutrals and spells tribes, I am just saying to call them that, would just be unconventional. As in, a different point of view. Thats all that i was saying came to mind when I read that.

Typo ._.

1 Like