Battlegrounds 2nd place bug

Just played a game of Battlegrounds with Eudora. Advanced to top 2 when all of a sudden the game ended and I was placed second for no reason. I think the other player even conceded. Was cheated out of my 1st place win and didn’t even get the achievement for 1st place with Eudora because of that.

8 Likes

I’m impressed so many people reporting this bug for over a month and it’s not even on the known issues list.

I was playing Reno. Around round 3-4 the game said I was going to fight Jaraxxus. He was about 3rd place, I was last. Except when it said I would battle him the litch icon was flashing on Jaraxxus’s icon, like it does when the person quits inbetween rounds or when there is an odd number in a private battlegrounds server. It said he had 3 or 4 murlocs.

When the battle started, instead Jaraxxus went to 1st place and I ended up battling Elise Starseeker, who had actually quit that round and only had a tidehunter and a scout. After the round Jaraxxus stayed on top and Elise was kicked out. Nobody battled Jaraxxus the entire round and he never took damage, and I was wondering what kind of demon build he was doing to stay in first and never take damage. I got suspicious when at the end I battled Aranna three times in a row and never Jaraxxus.

I finished in 2nd. I suspect Jaraxxus left, but the game didn’t realize he was gone.
Here’s a link to a reddit thread detailing the issue: 2nd Place Battlegrounds Bug

1 Like

I’ve played an enormous amount of battlegrounds as of lately and I can tell you this is probably the most common bug I’ve encountered repeatedly no matter what character you choose to be. I think the bug is caused by the win condition coding as it’s programmed to “freeze” your place in the ladder when there is no longer any opponents to fight. I’ve actually finished in 3rd place too. and it’s always the same. The other opponents have lost their battles or quit out or whatever the case may be, I can no longer fight any human players left, so bang! it tells you that you have placed second or third or whatever the case may be because of it’s win condition coding being faulty. Please fix!

2 Likes

Just happened to me, again, thankfully I already had the achievement for this particular hero

Happened to me just now. Did not lose, was in 3rd place with 4 people left, won my battle and game ended saying I got 2nd place. Did not get my achievement for winning with Ysera.

Just happened to me as well. 2nd time in a week or so, but this was even more heartbreaking, considering I would have finally been able to complete the afk 3rd turn as A.F.K. and bloody win the game

I’ve encountered a similar bug to this twice now. First it had gotten down to the last 3, but me and the guy in 2nd kept being paired against each other over multiple subsequent rounds until I eventually won. I figured I’d be paired against the guy who was in first (who I think had full health) but the game just declared me the winner overall.

But just now it happened again; last 3, me and the guy in 2nd were paired against each other again and again, but this time I lost and was told I’d come 3rd. I obviously have no idea if the guy who was 2nd went on to fight the guy in first, or was automatically declared the winner, but I do know the guy in 1st had had full health the entire game, and before I lost and was booted from the lobby, I looked at the player in 1st’s combat summary for his last two battles, and they were against the same player, and each time they’d dealt 40 damage. If it means anything, I was playing Rag, the guy in 2nd was playing Jaraxxus, the guy in 1st was playing Yogg, and the guy they kept dealing 40 damage to was Zephrys.

I keep facing people in battlegrounds. Disconnection glitch for them to get 1st place. This is infuriating as ihave won the game but because someone is exploiting the game it gives me second place. It just makes me not want to play. Sort it out blizzard. I ve seen this has been going on for over a month

1 Like

The same, already 2 times. The rating seems to be for 1st place, but there is no achievement, I took 1st place, I beat everyone, but some man with 1 tavern just hovered over my icon. I wrote to the support service, no one cares, they did not hear anything.

Echoing everyone here. 3 people left, had 28 health, was in 2nd place. Played 3rd place person, beat them by 12, next turn, played them again, and after beating them again, I was booted and given 2nd place. Never got a chance to finish.

1 Like

Just happened to me as Rat king. No achievement. Beat third place and during the animation of him dying hovered over the current 1st and it said they lost two in a row for 20 points each. Then it informed me I got 2nd and still gave me over 100 rating boost.

Still not fixed, jesus so bad… FIX IT.

Happened to me too. Played as rakinishu, finished 2nd to an Elise that was dead for so long.

Just happened to me, played as The Great Akazamzarak on pirates, had ice wall, on fist place was deathwing, thought he was afk, but i don’t remember it for sure.
P.S.
Sorry for my English, it’s not my first language

I just got the same thing with Alexstrasza. I’d seen the bug before, but never when the bugged person had more HP than me. Didn’t think about it stopping me from getting the achievement until the final round.

Ditto: Final 3, was forced to fight the same guy several times in a row, as we kept getting a draw, I finally heavily outscaled / defeated him and then suddenly… 2nd PLACE!

Just had the same thing happen so adding my comment so the thread stays fresh.

Got to final 3, I beat the opponent and instead of going to Bob before fighting the last one i got awarded 2nd place.

I just had this same thing happen. I just won the round, the game ended saying I got 3rd. I had a pretty good running going and was sure to get 1st or 2nd.

I was in second place with three players left and matched against the third-place player three times in a row. After beating the third-place player was given second place having never played the first place player. The first-place player seemed to be matched against the dead fourth place Tess Greymane over and over.

https://i.imgur.com/auSwkLe.png
https://i.imgur.com/1c9FGiF.png
https://i.imgur.com/f8gliIm.png

That is almost exactly what happened with me! 3 rounds against 2nd place till I beat him, and then game over. Meanwhile 1st was placed against the dead 4th 3 rounds in a row.