Battleground was a bad idea

I played a few games of battlegrounds, and thought it was a waste of my time. First place is the only one that gets a reward. I placed seventh, so I didn’t get any reward. Not even exp. They should change it, so you get exp., or gold. At least, Mercenaries gives out exp. for battles. They still haven’t fixed the gold issue with Mercs. Plus, it divides people into three groups, instead of just two.

You do get xp for BGs.

Why is it a mistake? If you don’t enjoy it, don’t play it. A lot of people (including myself) like it.

That’s nut true. Depending on your mmr compared to your opponent’s you get points I think up to fourth or enven sixth place.

Battleground also does. And there are more quests you can complete in battleground then in mercenaries. Personally I think mercenaries was the mistake. But each to his own.

There is also arena and duels.

It is like the lottery, but in battlegrounds you can change your position. I didn’t know they had a fourth place. In the intro, it says there is only one winner.

You forgot solo and tavern, but that doesn’t make it better.

You also forgot, that the last mode, they introduced, was mercenaries. So that took away from other modes.

I can understand you, when you say you do not like battlegrounds. That’s personal opinion. I tried mercaneries and did not like it after a short time. Solo gives really little experience, and I never got the hang of arena.

Usually place one to fourth win points for the mmr. But even the eighth place gets experience.

I played battlegrounds, and it does give exp. It was at the bottom of the screen. But, 50 exp. isn’t very much.

The reason I grouped modes with traditional is, because they are same game type. But you are right, they are separate games.

I think they made Merc. too easy. I already built all the buildings.

Battlegrounds was a good idea, but has just been very poorly executed. Mostly in regards to balance, but there are so many other factors that coulda been done so much better. One things is that there shoulda been parameters for the randomness of the tavern. For example, tier 2 should show 2x tier 1’s and 2x tier 2’s. And similar parameters the higher tier you go. You should NEVER be on tier 5 and the tavern offer you nothing but tier 1’s.

They need a better selection of minions. I know you can buy different bartenders and heroes, but I don’t know, if that changes the minions. Battlegrounds isn’t so bad, once you get fourth place, or better. I play it when they have daily quest for it.