[battleground] Tirion is the new Daryl

Meaning impossible to get 1st place but 100% guaranteed top 4.

I can’t take screenshot of the full stat page because of my small laptop screen, but basically in the last 5 games, I got top-4 with Tirion.

Absolutely broken, I can see a quick nerf for Tirion in a week or two.

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/vDYz0N1H

1 Like

Hardly. Demons are FAR better than non-tribes, and Tirion requiring only 1 mana while Jaraxxus requires 2 mana doesn’t close that gap.

1 Like

I just had a 16/330 demon on my board that could single handedly take that board out. And that was only 1 of my 7 minions.

A huge battlemaster can solo anything except poison.

2 Likes

To be fair, demon isn’t as consistence because we need to find a golden weaver early or a golden beastmaster late game.

Tirion can just throw any bad cards in and make it a beast. We don’t even need to care about HP as much with Tirion.

But obviously, I agree that demon is ultimately better.

I don’t think Tirion is broken, but OP had a valid point: Tirion is hard to win the game with but easy to Top 4. Find a bunch of non-tribal minions and give your board +4/+4 or more each turn for 1 gold. It’s a decent hero power in the early to mid-game but tends to fall off hard the later the match goes.

I think tirion is garbage.

1 Like

I just got a 1st place with Tirion (at 6801 rating), was undefeated with a 15 win streak.

Stayed at 1 to grab a couple of Selfless Heroes and Righteous Protectors (they ended up at 23/21 and 22/22 after tripling). Picked up a Tortolian Shellrasier (got it up to 7/11 while waiting for a triple that never came) and a Wrath Weaver next, grabbing what demons showed up to boost the Weaver. Eventually picked up two Watchers and dropped the Shellraiser. I picked up Baron as well (ended up as a 6/12), but he didn’t activate too often as the Selfless Hero tended to live through most of the battles (I couldn’t find an argus to taunt her). The Watchers and Weaver ended up as 34/34 34/34 45/45.

Other players did try to use poisons to stop me, but the divine shields from the big selfless hero made it so that at least one of my big minions would remain on the board for cleanup.

In the end this speaks more to the strength of demons more than anything else. Other times I’ve played Tirion Selfless Heroes and Righteous Protectors don’t show up so I end up falling behind in the early game and end up taking way too much damage.

Tirion is super strong right now, and arguments like “demons are stronger” are just not true, with tirion you can go for crowd favorite and weaver + void lord or some strong taunt that u can buff (mechs are fine too) and the battle master that are all refering to will be just a casual minion to those

A lot of people just think him as nontribal buffer. That way you get strong mid game board but lose to any tribal tactic later. Just play him as regular guy who can boost some non tribals in different tactics. Tirion is not the best but solid compared to some others. Still kinda silly his power cost only one while Jaraxxus pays two on tribe that everyone is hoarding currently.

I have had a lot of luck with Tirion finishing in the top 4, but I finally finished in 1st with a double Zapp (one golden), double Soul Juggler (one golden), and a combination of Voidlords and Imprisoners. My final opponent was a triple deathrattle mech build with bombs and eggs, but the buffed Zapps were able to take out the Baron, and the buffed Jugglers could survive the early bomb attack.

Indeed I played him as a regular guy too with the result of getting smashed before mid/late game due to not having a hero power

You need baron or brann+ strongshield for that comp. Simply hitting hero power doesn’t work

Here is almost flawless Tirion win. I took one hit from queen wagtoggle the whole game, most damage I took is from playing demons. There’re few final comp for Tirion but Selfless hero+baron is the nut in most of those

proof: ht tps://postimg.cc/HVLxZXv5

Tirions great if you get early protectors and selfless, then hero power and survive till you get to 4 and find boogeymonsters or bolvars. Once you have a triple go t5 and find zapp. If you don’t find these minions it’s not that good but at least the hero has some upside unlike a lot of the other ones.

This might just be me, but I have never failed to see Tirion end up in the top 2. I am playing at a fairly low MMR, but every time that I come up against him I expect to lose. I am very rarely disappointed.

1 Like

At 7.5k, steamrolled my last game as Tirion from start to finish although you need a good start with like righteous and preferably selfless early. https://imgur.com/a/9x8Zvbn

Like he said, requires you draw all the tribeless minions early to truly utilize the ability. Trying to go halfway in between normal play and using tribeless minions will almost always end up in failure.