Battle of the Bans Tavern Brawl

Hyena hunter start to become a real thing on EU Brawl :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

i made 10 brawl there , and i fight versus 7 of them (+/- the same deck) !
those are the 2 decks i saw there :

1st version i saw :

• Alleycat
  • Springpaw
  • Juggler
  • Scavenging Hyena

2nd version :

• Scavenging Hyena
  • Crackling Razormaw
  • Springpaw
  • Animal Compagnion

cancer is everywhere :scream:

2 Likes

Definitely very creative brawl this week. So far I played

1. Warlock - Doomguard, Void caller, Gnomferatu and Skull of Manari
  2. Priest - Radiant Elemental, Power Shield, Inner Fire and Mind Blast

I will try to make mill rogue or druid, we will see.

P.S. Also easy 100 gold per day - games are super fast (in one and half hour I won 14 matches)

Thereā€™s a player named Will that will wait in the card picking phase and not do a thing I waited 10 mins and then left because I just wanna play the game so I lost that tavern brawl no biggie but I wanna let other players know that heā€™s gonna try too do that too them Ido if it was a glitch usually itā€™s timed but yeah I canā€™t block him it wonā€™t let me search for his name so Imma just avoid the loser hopefully nobody else has too deal with his crap

1 Like

Whatā€™s interesting about using Malchezaar is that your opponent will see all the legendaries in your deck for the ban list, so he will likely not see your original 4 cards. FLJ is a good card to add.

I have been playing it some today, and it destroys any slow deck or any that canā€™t generate much damage. But it is too slow against high damage decks.

1 Like

Pogo, iron sensei, mech warper and zilliax wish mech rogue was a thing but I guess mech paladin mekes way more sense :unamused: also wish they banned the hyena as they banned patches and jade idol.

Here is a rebellious thought, how about donā€™t let people discover a banned card in this brawl

i found my new favorite deck for that brawl ^^
Renounce Malchezaar warlock

1. Prince Malchezaar
    1. Renounce Darkness
    1. barnes
    1. i donā€™t care i have my combo :rofl:

very very fun ^^

4 Likes

*Remember to Squelch after the match starts!
Because every you know will say ā€œWOWā€ after you play your first card.

Brawl favors largest collections and those with the besties from days gone by. Probably try Murlocs again.

Sadly: Warrior with glory card from days gone by Patron with endless Blade Cutters. All marching mickies get weeded out and endless board of Patrons (or Berserkers pending ban). Guess I will default back to roping for a win.

1 Like

Look Like Blizzard donā€™t like Malchezaar and kill the little fun i had for this brawl

they put the Banned on himā€¦

why do they have to always ruin the fun in every brawl ā€¦ seriously ā€¦

4 Likes

This reminds me a lot of the six shooter brawl which was one of my favorites. Wish we had more brawls like that and this one.

I used some cards from an old six shooter deck and one of the newer cards.

• Mark of the Lotus
  • Faerie Dragon
  • Evolving spores
  • Firetree Witchdoctor

Beat a frost lich Jaina with this as well which was great.

1 Like

Iā€™ve consistently gotten wins by concede with Wisp, Smugglerā€™s Run, Righteous Protector, and Grimestreet Outfitter. Have 4-5 Wisps with +3/+3-+5/+5 by turn 4-5, get a ā€œWowā€ and then concede. Its a really good combo of two buffers and two buffies, so your opponent can never fully neutralize your combo.

and get rekt by mech hunters?

1 Like

Babbling Book
Shimmering Tempest
Astral Rift
Leyline Manipulator

All the cards in this brawl donā€™t count as starting in your deck so Leyline Manipulator will reduce the cost of everything in your hand.

Iā€™m doing really well with this basic shaman set up

Devolve (everyone bans this, if you donā€™t then you most likely will beat any minion deck they have)
Menacing Nimbus
Earthen Might
Hot Spring Guardian

Heals, hand refills, buffs and devolves

Played the same thing. Up against a priest running a deck with radiant elemental, divine spirit, resurrect, and I guessed the hidden card was inner fire. I banned the elemental, they banned the swashburgler. They resigned turn 2. And I got an Alā€™akir in the pack, so great brawl.

Rogue
Pogo hopper
Shadowstep
Questing adventurer
Banana Buffon
It works surprisingly well

2 Likes

was 3-0 by turn 3 with token druid

Completely unfair mill Druid:

Naturalize
Jade blossom
Coldlight
Ferocious howl

tip when playing against it, make them discard the coldlight. Thatā€™s actually the linchpin card (since it powers up the ferocious howl and makes sure you always have a naturalize). Most people are picking the Jade blossom, which is really just a backup strategy.

Nothing realy creative from me.
Just ā€œfrostbolt, iceshard, girl, interlectā€ mage
and ā€œsinisterstrike, evise, quest adventurer, and mimic podā€ rogue.
Just wanted to get my pack and finish some quests, i find this kind of brawls kinda silly.

Should not have allowed hof cards to be used.