Bartender Bob Appreciation Thread

I like the tavern (and bob) it’s a great I wish they’d take what they did with this adventure and redo the older adventures with these mechanics.

2 Likes

It’s one of the more clever additions to the game in a while.

1 Like

I feel like Bartender Bob encounters are very relaxing in general.

I also enjoyed the puzzle of discovering the optimal solution to a game state- again while not as amped up as I can get when I’m worried about a run! (i.e. drafts not going great, was surprised/scared by a previous boss and barely got out of it). It was additional content that was more “chill” and so it didn’t feel as unforgivable as every single Boss fight turn can feel after the first couple easy bosses.

So Hell Yes, two thumbs up to the Developer who whipped up Bartender Bob and these friendly encounters… and to the WHOLE TEAM for a wonderful job on this amazing Adventure Pack. I’m really quite happy as a fan right now. :-):grinning:

1 Like

I’m having the feeling Bob’s trolling me lately. He keeps pulling out some of my best minions so I can’t afford to kick something out, and on his side he keeps putting down 1 great minion with 3 terrible ones so I can’t afford to take them.

P.S. is he related to Nurse Joy or Agent Jenny? Despite visiting so many different taverns it’s always Bob.

1 Like

We love Bob!! Bob is a great new addition to singleplayer. But for next expansion we’ll need something new. We love new interactions!

1 Like

You don’t have to go home…but you can’t stay here.

I’d actually like to see Bartender Bob as a neutral card of some sort.

1 Like

I was disappointed by Bob. He is super plain and doesn’t look like he belongs in the Warcraft universe at all

Simplicity brings an air of comfort to many, and I don’t see how he doesn’t fit considering Azeroth is a large place of many walks of life and species.

1 Like

He doesn’t fit because he looks/talks like someone from a major city in North America current year.

1 Like

Is it unreasonable for someone to have such an Accent in all of Azeroth?
My point here is that, in a world of Fantasy, everything is possible.

I would have preferred something more fantastical/outlandish. I swear Bartender Bob is the guy that works at the coffee shop in the lobby where I work.

And I have to disagree that “everything is possible”. A story sets the parameters of its world, and must play within those guidelines.

While Bartender Bob is certainly believable, and would fit, my whole point was that it was a very mundane choice… one that mimics a lot of the other bosses who are very “2019”… Like the secretary, the banker. Why did they pick such boring personalities that you’d see at work? Why no murloc, tauren, or a mage of some sort… it is dalaran after all.

If they told me “come up with a tavern keeper that you’d find in Dalaran”, Bob is the last thing I’d come up with. Even if they thought of him ironically, the idea should have been scrapped.

I’m arguing that the fact that he is mundane, and looks like some average joe barista you’d meet working at Starbucks is exactly the reason why he’s so comforting and welcoming. He give me and others a sense of belonging and mutual respect. I believe that’s what they were going for and they hit the nail on the head.

Belonging and mutual respect? Sure. Glad you enjoy it.

1 Like

Have you visited the taverns in Dalaran in World of Warcraft? It IS a town of Men first and foremost.

Nown when we arrive in the Underbelly, I will be unsurprised if “Bob” turns into a Goblin.

:grin: love this thread
Bob, thanks for being awesome!

1 Like

bob freaks me out whenever tavern pops up, he’s voice is not acted, his picture doesn’t look cartoonish at all like the rest of game, is he a dev or some close friend of blizzard staff. It really looks out of place in the game.

1 Like

Don’t look too deep into it, or you’ll start asking yourself questions. Bob is a really heartwarming and welcoming guy, but based off of the voicelines of all the bosses when you enter, this is clearly a tavern where only the most vile characters of Azeroth relax and rest. It’s quite odd…

1 Like

Thats hy adventures used to give unic cards[quote=“Coolbreeze-11835, post:6, topic:5753, full:true”]
To help keep the game fresh. If everything came out at once, we’d get bored by this point and complain in two month’s time about how stale the game is. This came out right at the perfect time, as right about now people would be dropping off if they didn’t like the current meta/aren’t interested in arena.
[/quote]

I never get the minion/spell on my side that I would like to remove from the deck - except when the only removal option is to remove all 4 cards, and the other 3 are all ones I need to keep.

But yes, the chance to tweak your deck a little more was very well thought out.

Bob? ur talking about Bob?

All that guy does is shine one glass all day. He’s lazy.

And when the timer goes out hes like… what do you want? get out!