Barrel of sludge not triggering when destroyed

Barrel of sludge not triggering when destroyed if not on bottom of the deck.

After the opponent shuffles a plague or bomb into your deck and the barrel is destroyed with a card, the damage won’t trigger properly.

“destroyed with a card” is pretty vague.

How, exactly, was the Barrel destroyed?

Destroyed as in, any card that destroys a card in your deck.
Chaos creation, Waste Remover, TnT(boom boss), Symphony of destruction (destroy 6 cards), Etc…
Card destruction is a general mechanic in hearthstone. It’s not unique or vague.

Yes it is vague, because we are trying to track down a specific bug and we don’t know exactly where it is.

The bug might be with Barrel of Sludge.
The bug might be with a specific card destruction effect.
The bug might be with the interaction of those two things.

Unless you’re saying that you have observed the exact same behavior with Barrel of Sludge from ALL of those destruction methods?

Fair enough, and I am sorry for not being more specific.

Specifically the latest interaction I had was with Chaos Creation.

It’s a bit tricky to nail down the other ones atm, I am pretty sure TnT didn’t trigger it as well, but I can’t be 100% certain atm, as I was playing on break when it happened.

The basic steps I noticed was:

1. Sludge being on bottom of deck
  2. Boomboss shuffling deck
  3. Chaos creation hitting 2 sludges and not triggering the damage later on.

Pretty sure TnT didn’t trigger it as well, but was a bit harder to follow that round with alot happening.

It’s more unique that you may think. At least technically.
Having a synergy for destroyed cards never existed before the sludge barrels got introduced. That means that the “card destruction” mechanic has not been thought through for ages.
Each time they printed “destroy a card” cards before that, they kinda made it on the fly, leading to a lot of previous “destroy a card” cards to not trigger the sludge barrels properly because they each had their own way to do it, and it’s very possible that some have not been fixed yet.

Other than that, there’s a clear distinction in the game between destroying and removing a card, even when they share the same animation. So you can remove a sludge barrel completely from the game without triggering it, and it will be the intended behavior. Same way you can remove a minion from the board without making it die.

And fair enough on the synergy.

I specifically looked at remove vs destroy, but I definitely get the confusion. I am used to those sorts of distinctions from MTG, even if I believe those sorts of wordplay can cause frustration with new, and even veteran, players.

I encountered this issue today, played against someone who had lethal twice but the card didnt trigger when destroyed.

By which card have they been destroyed ?