Balance changes next week!

Can’t you post links to official Blizzard sites at lower TLs?

9 Likes

I wonder who will become Public Enemy #1 after Shaman nerfs?

1 Like

I’m reasonably certain this is the earliest they’ve ever done a balance patch into aan expac, right? At any rate, kudos to Blizz. I wasn’t expecting any balance changes until the holidays or even the new year.

11 Likes

Thank God. Lol 20 freaking characters

7 Likes

That is pretty fast - their internal data must be showing very similar things that HSReplay and others are reporting.

With Shaman looking to be nerfed, I’m now curious to see if Priest recovers. I can’t say exactly how accurate HSReplay’s stats are, but Priest’s win % In Standard is dead last, is a full 7% lower then the class above it (Druid), and has dropped almost a full 1% in the last two hours alone. 36% win rate is really, really bad.

6 Likes

Galakrond Shaman is not at the level Jade Druid was at the beginning of Knights of the Frozen Throne, which in turn did not reach the level several other decks did in their respective metagames. Yet, not counting the first panic nerf balance patch of Rastakhan’s Rumble, that was previously the fastest ever response until now.

I have to say I’m a little confused by their inconsistent balance philosophy. :yum:

Having said that, I am glad they decided to attempt a more proactive approach once more. :smiley:

Hopefully, they will consider meta shifts that might arise from their chosen nerfs, and they don’t go overboard against what they target. Most importantly, here’s hoping that they will consider additional balance patches as necessary, rather than saying “one-and-done” even if the resulting meta is far from ideal!

EDIT: They didn’t post this here first, but at least they remembered to in a timely fashion!

7 Likes

Thank God. (20 characters)

2 Likes

Let’s abuse pirate warrior, singleton decks, and DR rogues later.

But good job on the quick response, BZ really improved.

1 Like

Pirate warrior is good as well as other decks you mentioned but can’t be compared with shaman. There literally was 0 reason to play anything but shaman so far

7 Likes

Good form, Blizzard.

7 Likes

“Let’s make an OP Galakrond so everyone buys the supporting cards, then nerf Galakrond so the supporting cards are useless. Harharhar, no dust refund!”

1 Like

Shows how busted shaman is if they already announcing nerfs to calm the base. Good job Bliz

1 Like

invoke twice one isnt an epic as far as i know

1 Like

Now let’s just pray that they haven’t somehow missed Faceless Corruptor as one of the problem cards, and that it’s in for the heaviest nerf of the changes.

5 Likes

These decks are much more fair in comparison although still good but have legit counters at least. For everyone here that wanted to keep getting easy wins playing Shaman while saying the wr will drop and changed shouldnt or won’t be made. Sucks for you

well they did say aimed at shaman so as long as is a popular card in shaman decks itll be hit

1 Like

Well.

Let’s see what happens them.

In general I expect to we get a public enemy number 2 instead of something that feels balanced because those changes are really fast.

Anyway I also think that they probably did that choice because no dev wants to work during holidays. So it needs to be did before or only on their return.

4 Likes

I will agree that my hesitation is that they nerf the wrong thing or only the squeakiest of wheel(s).

3 Likes

Quest is probably gonna get hit. I would be very surprised if it didn’t.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they took at a shot at Shudderwock as well.

Galakrond may take a hit too, given that they wouldn’t actually have to refund anything for that card and it’s the current abuser for many.

Well I leeched two months worth of Shaman Quest to Rank 5 so I’ll take it if it gets nerfed.

As for Faceless Corruptor? Prepare to see that in every deck if it doesn’t get nerfed. That card is super strong, but I think Shaman is pushing it into the Shadows right now.

1 Like

My concern, and I’m being forthright here, is that they only hit the Quest and Faceless Corrupter (it’s at 50% usage last I heard).

One more card from the package needs to get hit (Faceless just needs it in general, card is crazy). Whether Dragon Pack, Corrupted Elementalist, or Galak at least one more card is needed.

My fear though is that this is being done quickly or was a nerf already primed and it’ll only target the Quest really and that won’t fix much it appears based on the data.

2 Likes