Baku Demon Hunter is going to dominate wild

How much you wanna bet it’s going to be tier 1 in wild ?

1 hero power, deals 2 damage (super insane for an aggro deck)

Most of the good aggro DH cards are odd, just include them with the Pirate package and you’re good to go.

Metamorphosis for a good finisher with Leeroy. Skull of Gul’dan card draw with that 2 mana 2/1 outcast. Loatheb, fungalmancer, etc. Plenty of great options.

That 1 mana silence that draws a card is even an advantage over most aggro decks because rarely will they run silences nowadays (god knows you need em vs the voidlords)

It sounds like a crazy good aggro deck to me, on paper at least.

It might not top the other best decks out there BUT a ton of people will be playing it, just because the class is new and they’ll want to farm wins.

1 Like

Anyone else going to play Genn Demon Hunter day 1 of the expansion?

4 Likes

but it loses most of the draw cards and access to kayn so I think going just full pirate package which synergizes with the weapons and the draw, and topping with leeroy and kayn

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like it’d be much better then odd rogue, which is barely tier 3.

It also doesn’t have a consistent turn 2 like odd rogue.

And honestly I just don’t think the upgraded dh heropower is worth losing all the absurd even dh cards (Kayn is the first that comes to mind).

Yeah, that an odd shaman with that absurd 3 mana portal will be my odd/even decks for launch day shenanigans.

3 Likes

I’m going to be trying it out when it releases, at least.

2 damage for 1 mana is not inherently fantastic - after all, Odd Rogue no longer quite keeps up, and Even Hunter never took off.

That being said, there’s a difference here. Demon Hunter has a lot of synergy with attacking, which all gets a mild boost from the Odds power. As well, Demon Hunter has a diverse array of good 1 drops - it’s a bit reminiscient of Odd Rogue’s reliable, consistent, and strong starts. An early presence can prevent a snowball against enemy aggro, and also helps secure early damage before freezes and removals.

Yet unlike Rogue, Demon Hunter’s finishers seem to be more versatile. Rogue leaned on early game damage, then finished with either Leeroy, Deadly Poison, or pre-nerf Cold Blood. Good burst, and could do it from hand, but had limited use in actually fighting for a board, and none of it got past taunt which is why they had to run Ironbeak Owls just in case. Demon Hunter on the other hand has cards like Antaen and Priestess of Fury which have the versatility to deal a good piece of face damage if the opponent is Combo with no board, but also control a board if the opponent is contesting it, and Metamorphosis has the versatility to go either way.

I wonder if I’d run a Pirate package in Demon Hunter? Hmm.

No.

It has less great Odd cards than Odd Rogue, and Odd Rogue isn’t doing that great right now.

DH has about 2-3 years before it’s competitive in Wild.

I hope so, as DH is absolutely not going to have any room for not-meta ideas in it, for at least a year, or three bc it’s new, and will be for a long time.

DH is my DE for dust class, starting the moment i have each set’s commons and blues dubbed up thanks to our one good update this spring.

Second i have all commons blues from a set?
Pull up Manager, find DH, DE DH commons blues, and wait on epics.
Wont be a ton of dust but it isn’t chump change either.

Taking from a totally-solved class, and spreading the dust to not-expected ideas.
Glad DH got launched bc it’s a dust-pool now for those who want to find a corner of deckbuilding within not-front-spotlight classes.

I absolutely agree that we may see some hyper aggro deck in wild based off of Demon Hunter.

Most decks dominating Wild are weak to fast decks. The problem with aggro is if you draw bad or they clear you early you probably won’t get control back and win. Demon Hunter has new tools aggro hasn’t had before to shore up those weaknesses. I am not sure if “hyper aggro” will be the final version or some sort of fast hard smashing mid-range but I agree…as we stand I expect DH to manhandle wild for the next while.