Back to basics.......(Character, Character, Character, Character)

Okay so…these last couple of months have been attrocious for me in hearthstone. I’m taking this moment to go back to basics and ask a question i figure anyone can benefit from.

I have no clue where to go to have fun in hearthstone. Very simply and plainly.
The game is a source of great frustration for me to play in ranked mode. As such, i took a break from it and am trying to complete my quest, which is to play x warlock cards. I decided to go to wild, build a c’thun warlock and play on ‘casual’. The next 9 opponents i faced were all priests. Every, single, one. Needless to say, no fun was had in any of those matches. I have yet to complete my quest as my opponents were all super-optimized combo priests, big priests, dragonpriests who added insult to injury by continiously spamming as i was blasted to death.

So, my question is, where in hearthstone can fun be had that isn’t tryhard mega-optimised?

1 Like

This reminded me of a story.

Once, there was a child that love a Tiger.
He grew up with him since being a little cub.
It was cute and cuddly when it was young.
But after It grew up, it became much different from what it once was.
One day, the family sent the Tiger away.
The Child ask: “Why?”
Daddy replied: "A Tiger is still a beast by nature. It is not like the cat that our neighbors have. You cannot keep a Tiger in a cage and treat it like a kitten. You cannot force it to eat vegetables like a rabbit. "

HS is a game that suits its own niche of audience. Those whom enjoys the game, accepts it as it is. Those whom tries to force a Tiger to be otherwise, will find more frustration as it grows.

4 Likes

Arena.
Or Tavern Brawl if you enjoy a lot of randomness and little balance (not this week though)

You could give Arena a shot.
Or just take a break till Year of the Dragon starts.

I’ve been hating the current meta lately myself - Genn and Baku can’t rotate out too soon.

I don’t know about everything else, but Your problem in wild was that you don’t seem to realize how wild normally is. You were playing wild casual. Casual has a lot of bots and a lot of try hard decks. You want wild ranked if you play wild. The decks don’t get that serious until like rank 15.

With that being said the wild standards of deck building and counter matchups are different than in standard. There’s no deck ever made that’s good against literally every deck in the history of hearthstone and the random joke decks with no names and all the cards from every expansion. For example, otk priest, jade decks, ds rexxar, and many others are not A tier decks in wild. If you see people playing those they’re probably experimenting.

1 Like

Well, currently i feel like autoconceding vs odd/even decks and priests. Those matchups are absolutely zero fun and nigh-unwinnable. They’re always a onesided slog. And it’s fine i guess, i’ll just keep conceding, i tried winning against them…but i cannot, so i will just not play against them.

I must also admit i detest arena and tavern brawl isn’t even worth mentioning. This last tavern brawl was the worst experience i’ve had so far.

Arena … if you (unlike me) can sit through some fairly unbalanced matches in which your opponents draft rank-like decks and annialate you (or sometimes vice versa).

If you want to have fun in hearthstone then i think it’s time to run an arena ;p

Arena costs money/gold every time you want to enter. I do not think the stressful experience is worth that gold/money. But thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve tried arena in the past, everyone has become so rediculously good at it, that arena is prohibitively difficult for me.

It is true that it is a risk that you have to give because even you have the best deck you do not know how it will end up.But it is a window that if you have a little luck with your part will make your collection…

I do really feel like i have nowhere to go in hearthstone. I make a deck, it gets absolutely wrecked in any format. Even with netdecks i keep running into decks that are uberoptimised and like all netdecks designed to not be fun but to be competative… control warrior is NOT fun to play against for example. there’s next to no way to defeat them if you’re not a combo deck.