Awards was missing after playing Arena

Hello,

Today i decide to back on my non finished arena session. When i was in Arena the only thing i could doing was to receive awards by clicking on the key.

After clicking on the key two chests was appearded and when i was clicking on it i won 1 booster of the last extention and the other one gave me xx dust (i don’t remember exactly).

Back on the main screen of the game the booster wasn’t here and i had no more dust. I closed and launched the game again and it was the same thing. Nothing happend about my awards… Grrrrrrr !

It’s the second time i have this bug. The first time i told you nothing but now i decide to send you this horrible bug :frowning:

Please can you do the necessary about this bug to recover my awards ?

Thank you, my Battletag is : Carminator#2635

Sorry about my bad english.

Thank you,

King regards,

Carmin.

Hi Carminator,

When was the arena run started? Because of the big changes to arean with the year of the Dragon, I presume that all runs which were not completed when the year started (April 9th) were forced to terminate, as is often the case in such a situation. If that is the case, please have a look at this Common Issues post:

Especially this part:

Did not get Arena rewards?
When an Arena run is forced to retire due to special limited time events (like Wildfest, or the Blizzcon special arena cards), the rewards are put directly into your collection when the run is retired. The opening of the chest is a purely visual thing.

What this means that in that situation, as soon as the sever stopped your run on April 9th, it would have given you the dust, gold and cards it owed you. Not a pack, but rather 5 cards, already opened, already put in your collection.

If this does not describe your situation (if you started your arena after April 9th), it might be a similar situation, or it could be a bug. I recommend opening a support ticket (use the Support link above) and a representative can have a look at your account. On this forum, we are mostly regular players like you helping each other out, so we do not have access to your account.

While most of your reply is 100% correct, this sentence is not.
There have been issues where a pack was automatically opened and cards added to the collection, and this has been confirmed to be a known bug, but it is very rare and the last confirmed report of this is now so old that I am starting to believe it might already be fixed.

What happens far more often in cases like this is that when the run is retired, a pack (unopened) is added for the player. Due to normal arena rewards rules this is always the latest expansion, which at exactly that time has started to be Rise of Shadows.
All players already had a free pack, from a pre-release celebration event. Lots of players already had more packs from the pre-release bundle. For all these players, the arena reward simply adds 1 to the unopened pack counter and they don’t realize where it’s from. And even players that had zero unopened RoS packs at expansion time will probably attribute the apparition of a pack to a release-giveaway and not to their old arena run.
So most of the time, the free arena pack does get added as an unopened pack, and then does get opened without the player realizing where it’s from. And then when they go to the arena, days or even weeks later, they see a reward and notice no pack added.

Hi BigHugger,

I based my reply on this post on the older forums:

This is especially confusing when it comes to the card packs that are awarded. On your end, you see yourself getting 1 Kobolds pack, but you have no packs to open. This is because the cards from that pack you earned were put directly into your collection as well.

If this behaviour, which is unique to force-retired arena runs, is no longer accurate, I did not know that. I do not have unfinished arena runs myself, so I could not test it recently.

Hi Rhasimir,

I must have missed the absolute tone Grizzle used in their post back then. Even then the description as posted by them was not accurate. In that period there were indeed a few confirmed reports where the pack was auto-opened, but even then it was an exception, not the rule.
I play a lot of Arena and as an F2P player I make sure to always leave a run at 2 losses when I know Arena runs will be force-retired. And I always track everything I own, so I see exactly what is added when I log back on. In all cases so far, a retired Arena run has granted me a pack that I then got to open myself.

1 Like