Avalanchan is awful in tryhard mode

Look, I know heroic mode is supposed to be hard, but what on EARTH is this? How is this ok?

They won’t let me link the image to the bustedness that is this boss. You can’t go face without 7 molten giants. You can’t play zoo without them using mountain giant for the massive use of hero power. I’ve used so many damn legendaries trying to win this. 150 health and giant faces. IT’S UNFUN, BLIZZARD.

Play rogue. Use Flik Skyshiv, bounce, hard removal, and add cards to deck. EZ win.

I don’t have Flik and I can’t afford to craft Flik, otherwise that was my FIRST idea. Shadowstep and Flik, that way I can use her for removal and then bring her back for the other big giants. This boss is just so busted. I had more fun fighting the Lich King. At least he’s funny.

Deathrattle priest? That wont be as effective, but should still work.

Remember, you can make Wilde decks to win. They dont have to be standard.

1 Like

I’ve been using lackeys with rogue and praying that draconic lackey gives me Alexstraza. I’ve had no luck, but I did end up with Rin, The First Disciple, oddly enough. I summoned a lot of demons before I ended up with fatigue XD I hate this boss so much. I’m about to grind for Flik. Maybe the Reno legendary will help (the new one)

Druid Mill deck should also work, if they dont get an early Mountain giant. Just dont hit him until you have a strong board, and be prepared for his Molten Giants. The key thing is to limit his hero power value. Clear the board every turn and outlast him. Play slow, and use cards that prevent you from fatiguing.

I got rid of literally everything on his side of the board and somehow this big brain AI was just skipping his turn, waiting to use his mountain giants. I got some good legendaries, and got my minions buffed a lot, but NOTHING enough to actually kill him. And those blizzards are an absolute nightmare.

Just play Alexstrasza to set his health to 15 when you have enough damage to kill him either that turn or the next, easy. Just don’t do any damage to his face before that. He has no heals or taunts in his deck.

I don’t have Alexstraza, otherwise that would be my first priority. I’ve been fishing for her with lackeys, but have BARELY gotten draconic lackey which is killing my soul.

Alternative win conditions are good here. I used Uther of the Ebon Blade. Mecha’thun would work as well. You then just need to control the board which is relatively easy if you don’t attack him. It was actually one of the easier heroic bosses for me. (I personally had much more trouble with Kriziki. I eventually somehow managed it though with Defile, Godfrey and Mecha’thun.)

1 Like

Kriziki was no problem for me using quest rogue (ancient blades.) I was able to take out all of her reborn minions without taking face damage. The albatrosses helped the rogue combos as well. But this one… like I started buffing my questing adventurer and he just destroyed it. I’m about to lose it

Try pogohoppers? If you can add a bunch to your deck, they start to trade well really early, and if he copies them they become 1/1s

1 Like

just hit his health till gaints become 10 mana and he plays them one at a time and cant clone as hero power costs 1.

You deal with one at a time he has 5 total.

Otherwise just wait till his deck is out he has no draw so once you get board control your win.

Or just play quest priest what i did and won without trying. Din’t even no he had gaints till he droped 5 at once and copyed to make 6. Dint even use a board clear just tossed the DR taunt down and rez + batterhear buffed with hero power to clear.

Otherwise save any board clear for it hit his face and use it after to wipe he plays them all at once if you do enough damage when he has in hand letting one clear do all the work.

Easy boss. Whole fight is board control that his biggest threats you have control of when he plays the giants. With no draw and reload so once you get the lead you win. Slow deck to boot he gives you tons of time to get ahead.

I used questing adventurer :smiley:

I used the old Grumble Shudderwock bounce. Shudder had the MCT, BGH, Reno, Freeze, and Sandstorm to control the board.

Avalanchan has no removals in its deck. Cheap mech hunter with poisoned rocket launcher is a free win.

2 Likes

I just used a taunt druid with mechathun, doesnt matter if he has big minions if he cant hit you, also weirdly hed rather target some reborn minions with rather than giants

Omg… Just craft whizbang already and stop wasting dust… I cleared all 6 heroic in the first night ez pz, and many many people do the same thing.

Bob, rank 2 mech hunter (standard ladder)

Looks like people are taking him down with a variety of decks, I got him with odd Warrior.