"Available after apprenticeship" packs

Is there a definitive answer as to how to unlock these? I’ve heard you have to get a certain rank or get your decks to a certain level. Is it even worth it? Should I just skip the apprenticeship?

The apprenticeship, formerly known as new player ranks, used to be ranks 50 to 26. After the overhaul of the ranking system, it is now ranks 40 to 1.

The old system gave free packs during the climb, at every 5 ranks. I assume that’s still the case, but perhaps at different intervals. Once you “graduate” from rank 1, you’ll be put in the “Bronze 10” rank. At that point you are no longer considered a new player.

It’s possible to skip apprenticeship and head straight into Bronze 10. This is intended for experienced players who start on a new account and don’t need to learn against other new players. For truly new players it is not recommended.
For the record, if you choose to skip out of the apprenticeship, you forfeit all the packs you would normally get from progressing normally.

and the ability to make wild decks apparently, unless they outright removed them from the game.