Attention: The game is NOT rigged after all!

I was just having a “discussion” in another thread.

We have come to the conclusion that the game is not in fact rigged as some have suspected, and here is the reason these guys have come up with.

I’m paraphrasing a couple of gentlepersons, so bear with me…

“It would be too expensive to pay programmers extra money to rig the game”

This is the new “it’s not rigged” defense. It would be too expensive to rig the game.

I’m glad we have sorted all this out!

Blizzard being a small indie company owned by some dude who got started in his garage…

Glad we settled that!

Carry on!

Edit: A minor copy/paste of an article I read regarding incentives for companies to spend design monies to manipulate the consumer. If you want the source, copy paste and google the following, I’m sure you’ll find it.

" The recent Four Corners report frames the gaming industry as a largely manipulative one. It attacks the industry’s calculated pricing strategies, which can affect how we value in-game purchases.

But these same strategies are also widely used in the [restaurant industry](https:/ /bettermarketing.pub/4-pricing-strategies-restaurants-use-to-make-you-spend-more-money-1ab5a1a86c29). Even supermarkets are designed so [customers spend as much time as possible](https: / /www.sciencetimes.com/articles/27561/20201002/supermarkets-manipulate-people.htm) inside.

Push notifications that encourage play and consumption have a real-world equivalent, too, such as [scent machines at Disneyland](https:/
/foodbabe.com/the-behind-the-scenes-marketing-tricks/) used to boost cotton candy and caramel apple sales.

Yet, we don’t think of these subtle techniques as completely robbing us of our agency. So why does the gaming industry draw so much criticism?

1 Like

The developers are the biggest nincompoops of course it’s not rigged.

2 Likes

More like we have data from millions of games recorded from hsreplay and firestone and there is no evidence of any rigged algorithm.

Can you come up with evidence that it’s rigged aside from your worthless anecdotes ?

4 Likes

Why off topic?

Professional gaslighter?

Did I say the game was rigged? Are you trolling?

If you want to stay on topic and not be a troll, you could say something addressing the topic of how paying the programmers more money would or wouldn’t affect the quality of the product or the way the product is designed.

Otherwise. You’re just another troll.

Try again.

2 Likes

You are mistaken, I’m stating why we think the game isn’t rigged, you should update your OP and ask proof/data that the game is rigged,

1 Like

D for effort troll.

Why attack me?

Why would I need to “come up with evidence that it’s rigged”???

What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Hahahahahaha here we go again!!! Man how many posts did my thread get… too easy mate too easy…

Never underestimate the power of money.

"Hey man, I could program the matchmaking to be controllable for every possible situation. "
“That’s amazing! Do it.”
“Well…would I get a raise?”
“On the other hand we do not actually need it…”
“I see…and btw I have found the line in a code that makes all our patches hostile to mobile users. I could fix it if you would give me a …”
“Nah, it’s ok. We do not need that either.”

2 Likes

“Look we checked into ourselves and there was no wrong doing okay”

1 Like

Looks like someone is pissed

Because you’re being sarcastic and dishonest.

2 Likes

It is rigged without a doubt. The game wants to force a 50% winrate on you. The horrible RNG is why is I only log on to do the quests

3 Likes

“The game is rigged” is a claim.

Claims require proof of their assertion.

It is not up to the person rejecting the claim to prove the claim wrong.

It is up to the person making the claim to prove the claim true.

When “The game is rigged!” is rejected because of insufficient evidence to convince someone of the assertion, it is the fault of the person making the claim. If the claim were strong, the evidence would hold water.

Being mad that the claim has bad evidence is not a reason to attack those rejecting the claim.

We’re not claiming “It’s not rigged”. We’re simply rejecting the claim that it is.

Rejecting a claim is not the same as accepting the opposition to the claim.

“I reject your claim that the game is rigged” does not equal “The game is not rigged”.

If this makes no sense to you and you believe them to be equal, you should educate yourself on how debates work.

4 Likes

An incentive needs to be communicated to the target in order to influence their behavior.

Let’s imagine two scenarios. In the first, I put up a sign saying that I’ll buy used PlayStation 5s for $200. In the second scenario my sign simply says “drop off your PS5 here” then wait for someone to randomly give me a PlayStation 5 without discussing what amount, if any, I’ll pay for it, in which case I give them $200 if they do give it to me first. What difference would you expect in the number of PS5s I receive under each scenario?

If your conspiracy theory regarding rigging of matches involves Blizzard creating incentives for players to buy more packs then keeping those incentives a secret, then your theory is bad.

2 Likes

OK, let’s just have a looksee at the proprietary trade secret code in the Blizzard server room.

Oh wait…

OR, you can just play 5 games of mercenaries like I did this morning against the same named opponent, resign 4 times after the first loss, and then face a bot the next match.

It’s almost as if Blizzard has a matchmaking algorithm to prevent win trading… I wonder if other algorithms which sense certain playstyles and respond by manipulating matchmaking might also be running on these mysterious servers…

Maybe there’s a matchmaking algorithm to, you know, pit certain deck archetypes against each other, and maybe this algorithm is being used to put players into unfavorable matchups a few times to incite them to buy packs?

Kinda like the algorithm described in Activision patent US20160005270A1 ?

I mean, you can say there’s “insufficient evidence” all you want, but “insufficient evidence” is subjective.

Even your condescending, ingenuous argument is rigged, since it relies on your opponents to have evidence which only exists on Blizzard servers. It’s easy to “win” an argument when you set the rules of the argument to be impossible to meet.

Oh wait a minute. Silly me! Of course there are ways to determine hidden variables via Bayesian analysis, but I don’t have millions of dollars to put together a statistically significant, carefully cleaned dataset to prove the extent of Blizzard’s greed to 5 sigma or whatever you deem is sufficient proof.

So, I guess you “win”. Good job.

1 Like

Yeah…

See that?

Wild assertions <--------------------------that’s you
Proof asked for wild assertions
“you think they wouldn’t!?” <------------------that’s also you
“I don’t have proof…you think they wouldn’t?” <--------------there you are again
“I don’t have proof…you think they wouldn’t?” <--------------and yet again

1 Like

Considering you took 2 minutes to reply, I guess you haven’t read the ACTIVISION PATENT I mentioned.

You can say it’s not proof all you want, and actual thinking people will just laugh at you.

It’s not proof.

If I have a gun in my house, is it proof that I’ve used it to shoot someone?

See where your logic fails?

1 Like

0219. In an operation 812, responsive to a determination
that the first player purchased the in-game item, the player profile may be updated to reflect the purchase and the first
player may be matched (e.g., match variables and/or coeffi
cients tuned) to play a second gameplay session in which the
in-game item is suitable to be used. For example, if the in
game item is a weapon (e.g., an accurate and powerful Sniper
rifle), the second gameplay session may be selected because
the weapon is highly effective in the second gameplay ses
Sion. Doing so may encourage the first player to make Subse
quent purchases due to the satisfaction of effectively using the
in-game item during the second gameplay session.

FROM THE PATENT lol…

Are you asserting that Blizzard is worthy of trust?

Because if so, I’mma need proof of that.