Ashes of Outland Teron Gorefiend Challenge

All the guides I can find on how to beat him are from before the latest rotation occurred, and seeing as how you must use a standard deck to fight him (seriously, why can’t I use wild cards?) I am unable to find a deck or strategy that is still usable. I’m F2P so a budget deck that doesn’t require a lot of legendary or epic cards would be preferred.

I gave up on the adventure when it originally came out as I didn’t think it was beatable given the standard restriction and my limited card pool. However I recently got almost 2k in dust from the classic pack compensation, so I’m hoping that’s enough to craft something to beat this guy. Bonus points if it can beat the other challenges after him and/or still be useful outside of single player as well.

You can’t use wild cards? What? Why would they do that? That’s only for the ashes of outland heroic fights right? I’m sure I used wild cards on the Galakrond challenges.

When I beat Teron I used a priest deck that buffed sandhoof waterbearer and other similar hard to kill minions until my board could overwhelm his. It’s important to not use cheap minions that trade unfavorably into his constructs because their ability will drain your life quickly.

For instance circus amalgam and lake thresher can kill two constructs before expiring, making them good choices for this challenge. Unfortunately waterbearer and grave rune rotated out, but you can still use psyche split, apotheosis, and Moonfang to hopefully make a very tough to kill board.

Corrupt Priest

Class: Priest

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Renew

2x (2) Insight

2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows

2x (3) Apotheosis

2x (3) Darkmoon Dirigible

2x (3) Fairground Fool

2x (3) Hysteria

1x (3) Palm Reading

2x (4) Circus Medic

2x (4) Lightsteed

2x (4) Power Infusion

1x (4) The Nameless One

1x (5) Dark Inquisitor Xanesh

1x (5) Fleethoof Pearltusk

1x (5) Moonfang

1x (5) Psyche Split

2x (7) Strongman

2x (9) Runaway Blackwing

AAECAZ/HAgaWugOY3gPi3gPq4QP54wOV5AMMk7oDr7oDs9wD1N4D+98Dx+ED5uED+OMD+uMDlOQDrYoEv58EAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is not the deck I used when I fought Teron Gorefiend and it’s not the best example of a corrupt priest deck, but it tends to work really well on these challenges because if you can get a moonfang to stick to the board and buff/heal it the only way to reasonably get it off the board is to use hard removal.

1 Like

The deck worked, thank you so much! I don’t suppose you have another recommendation for the Mother Shahraz challenge?

1 Like

When I fought Mother Shahraz I used a control mage deck with anti weapon tech cards. She’s honestly pretty easy if you can destroy/steal her weapons and you have your hero power to negate her blade dance.

I managed to beat her with the following mage deck after a few tries:

Summary

Custom Mage

Class: Mage

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Voodoo Doctor

2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

1x (3) Combustion

2x (3) Counterspell

2x (3) Earthen Ring Farseer

2x (3) Firebrand

2x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver

2x (3) Ice Barrier

1x (3) Imprisoned Observer

2x (3) Mirror Entity

2x (4) Circus Medic

2x (4) Fireball

2x (4) Water Elemental

1x (5) Jandice Barov

1x (5) Keywarden Ivory

1x (7) Flamestrike

2x (8) Deep Freeze

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

AAECAf0EBsO4A5TRA9nRA4TkA7CKBP6eBAzWvgPexAP4zAOz3AP9ngT/ngSrnwSsnwTnnwTonwTpnwSPoAQA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The priest deck posted earlier got me through both Lady Vashj and Kael’thas Sunstrider, but I’m getting stuck again on Illidan Stormrage. Any tips for dealng with him?

I think I used a warrior deck with raging berserker and other cards that get stronger when they take damage, but it was long enough ago that I’m not sure. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

I got him first try after days of trying thanks to this post. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad it worked so well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t know if you still needed help with Illidan, but I just posted my control warlock deck in another thread that I tested out against him just now. Here it is:

Special

Class: Warlock

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Armor Vendor

1x (1) Felosophy

2x (1) Spirit Jailer

2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x (2) Drain Soul

2x (3) Hysteria

2x (3) Luckysoul Hoarder

2x (3) School Spirits

2x (4) Cascading Disaster

1x (4) Fire Breather

1x (5) Envoy Rustwix

1x (5) Neeru Fireblade

2x (5) Siphon Soul

1x (6) Tickatus

2x (7) Strongman

2x (8) Twisting Nether

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus

1x (10) Y’Shaarj, the Defiler

AAECAeL5AwjO0gOS3gP83gPO4QP24wPz7QOwigSFoAQLrMsDzNIDxt4D5uED9eMD+OMDkuQDrJ8EgqAEg6AE56AEAA==

This works, it took me a few restarts but eventually he got a bad enough hand and I pulled just the right cards I needed to beat him. Hope this works for you!

2 Likes

Finally cleared it, thank you so much!

1 Like