As a severely handicapped player, please, no more timed PVE

I’m paralyzed from the neck and down, and I’m using eye-tracking and voice commands to play the game. As my illness has progressed, it has become harder and harder for me to play the game.
I’ve never been at Legend rank, but consider myself a fairly decent player, and I have a couple of 12 wins in arena. Now I’m barely able to reach rank 15 each month. Because playing with my eyes is such a slow process, I only get 10 seconds to think through my play, the rest I must spend on execution, I run out of time before finishing fairly often, and mistakes / bad plays are often a result.

That’s PVP, it’s fair, I don’t ask for special treatment, and I don’t want to hamper other peoples game. The game was not designed for my user group, and I have no delusions of otherwise.

PVE however… I truly enjoy it, and 99% of the encounters are excellent. Sadly, in the latest expansion Blizzard included one boss in the last chapter of the adventure that is timed. Much like Nozdurmo, Magistrix Norroa is an impossible obstacle for me.

My request is simple, and I ask it humbly: please no more timed PVE content.

TL;DR Timed PVE is impossible for slow handicapped players (like me). Blizzard, please keep at least this portion of the game playable for us?

Thoughts?

11 Likes

I think you should be okay as long as they dont put in any more dumb encounters in like the lady in RoS that put a turn timer on.

Yes, that is what I am thinking as well. There was only one boss in the last encounter, but for me and others like me that is one too many. I hardly think there would be an outcry from the community if that was missing.

1 Like

PVE should not be time.

like only person wasting time is your self and who cares if you spend hour on 1 move

1 Like

How long did it take you to type all this out? Or did you use a voice to text function?

My voice is a bit slurry, so voice dictating isn’t really working. There is a keyboard included in the eye tracking software.
Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUpd3UjK-4
I’m faster than the guy in the video for sure, but its still a slow process.

Totally agree, with no disability the timed PvE is dumb, it hardly makes things more difficult except that (in the recent adventure) it prevented one of the cheesy auto-win strategies. Honestly retiring Nozdormu is not a bad choice that card is worthless too, and only exists as a troll option from a “random” card.

But obviously these mechanics make the game unplayable for some, again, clearly with zero benefit.

1 Like

How would one go about getting a “Blue” to read/reply to this?

1 Like

The funny part about all this is: Blizzard was willing to cater to the feminazi movement and de-sexitize every T&A card, as well as blood and gore for the (bible thumpers maybe?) but really we know its all about the SJW cancer destroying this world which has taking all the fun out of games. My point is this: Blizzard will do all this, but will they be so PC to change a boss so another demographic of player can be satisfied? I for one think they should. For Id rather see them help out someone disabled who wants to play this game, instead of those other ‘so-called-people’ who tell us how to think and act. Blizzard … CUT OUT THIS BURNING ROPE!!!

Simple, go post it on Reddit where the devs actually read.

It may just be a coincidence, but both of these topics are on the Chinese governments naughty-list. And we know for sure that they are willing to censor for them from the Chinese versions of WoW.
While I don’t doubt that the Feminism is strong with Blizzard, I highly doubt that they suddenly decided to cater to the religious conservatives.

On topic: Good on OP for speaking his mind. Even outside of accessibility I don’t like timed PvE content. I like HS in part because I can play it rather relaxedly and slowly. In fact I would even welcome a no-timer mode for friendly games.

1 Like