Arena win counted as a loss

I won a game in the arena but counted as defeat and ended my arena run, it was not a draw or something, just a normal win :frowning:

1 Like

You disconnected/or cancelled the que on a previous match.

Or it is a bug/disconnect on the blizzard side. I have the same issue, adressed it here a few days ago.

Oh, ok. Keep telling yourself that.

Also, they have a policy of “no refunds for disconnects in Arena”…so, good luck with that too.

Did you just assume there can be no bugs like this? Moreover, i am not even insisting on exclusive compensations to disconnected players if its not possible to track them all, instead they could compensate every single HS player for the issue on develolers side, just like some other gaming companies do.

No need to assume when Blizzard had all the information here.

One of the pinned topics:

One of the paragraphs in that topic:

Won Arena but shows as a loss?
This is usually due to a disconnect while searching for a game or when you cancel your matchmaking. The game places you into a new match instead of reconnecting you into the old one. More details can be found here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/17276?blzcmp=app

1 Like

My case is clearly not a disconnect but rather a crash bug, because it is always happening just upon game search, always accompanied with certain graphic elements on screen that are not intended to be there like empty deck and character portraits or “0%” sign.

I am still testing another pattern i spotted, where the bug seems to occur only after I play a game and search for the new one, and never when I launch/restart the app just before the new game.

Don’t need to assume anything.

What you stated are network-related issues. Your game client communicates with two servers, and one of those is resource hog. If you don’t have your end set up to handle that, then you will see the strange “crashes” and “artifacts” - both of which can be caused by interruptions in the network - which can be caused by lack of resources (ram, bandwidth, etc), incorrect settings, or even…user error.

I dont recall stating those where actually the connection issues, only what the app had written for me after the crash, but even if I’ve given you the wrong idea, after testing its instances for a week, I am now certain those arent connection issues, but the bugs, that can be avoided, if I restart the app after every arena game. Most likely it has to do with the app code.