Arena reward not received

Hello,

After the release of the new extension, I opened the arena. An arena was already running and finished, so the rewards are showing up but I have not received them. I spoke to the support who confirmed that I had received nothing and told me to address you here.

excuse me for my English

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I submitted a ticket and they said that even though I opened a chest with a pack, their system did not show me getting a pack. I thought every arena run was supposed to give you a pack!

1 Like

You get the rewards before you even open them up which is kind of dumb. I opened 81 packs. 80 from preorder, then 1 from the arena run. I went to the arena and it showed what I already got without unlocking the chest.

Same thing happened to me.I’m Brazilian, I’m sorry for my English. I made 9 victories and two defeats when I passed the year of the dragon and there was the reset of the arena my prize n was counted from 160 gold 1 pack of the rise of the shadows 25 dust arcane and a common golden I just opened and saw the prizes and they did not appear in my pack / gold / dust count so I rebooted Hearthstone and anyway nothing, I already did a report before but nothing helped me the only one described was to report to the forum but it is only

Same thing happened to me.I’m Brazilian, I’m sorry for my English. I made 9 victories and two defeats when I passed the year of the dragon and there was the reset of the arena my prize n was counted from 160 gold 1 pack of the rise of the shadows 25 dust arcane and a common golden I just opened and saw the prizes and they did not appear in my pack / gold / dust count so I rebooted Hearthstone and anyway nothing, I already did a report before but nothing helped me the only one described was to report to the forum but it is only

Arena rewards are granted the moment the run ends, so you guys already had the rewards added to your account before you even logged in. Opening the chest is purely visual.

Same thing happened to me, i did not get the pack nor the gold. i had an exact ammount of gold for the expansion, and counted the ammount of packs, so even though i oppened the arena chest, i definetly didn´t get the rewards
ps: sorry for bad english

Going to the arena rewards screen and clicking the boxes is just cosmetic. The rewards were added to your account when the arena was retired , which was likely while you weren’t even logged on.

So, the next time you logged on, the pack would have been waiting for you to open.

Yes, it can be confusing to open the boxes, visually see that you got a pack, and then go to the main menu and have no pack. But you already opened it.

If you had any other packs waiting to open (i.e. from last week’s Tavern Brawl, or the expansion bundle preorder), you might not have noticed the one extra pack.

I really did not get any rewards I know exactly how much I had before the year of the dragon.

See Arena rewards not added - #6 by BigHugger-2468 for a further explanation of what Shuteye wrote.

If you are 100% sure, then open a ticket with customer support, tell them what you base your “100% sure” on (when did you check what, what did you see, etc). I have never heard a confirmed problem with this but things may happen and they are the only ones who can actually check your account history.

Confusing, perhaps. Not dumb.
If awards were actually added when you openend them, then there would be numerous situations where people would lose stuff. Imagine your power going down while you are opening rewards. Or your internet connection dropping. Or a Blizzard server failing. You would not want to lose the rest of the awards. Blizzard does not want to give a second copy (too much potential for abuse). So the game would need all kinds of logic to determine how far you were in your opening and resume from there. Including finding a way to determine whether your power went out before or after you saw the last opened reward on your screen.
And while it would be possible to write code that works mostly okay in almost all cases, it would be a lot of effort and hence very expensive. So instead Blizzard chose the more viable solution: they add all rewards to your account immediately after you qualify for them, which is either the 3rd loss, or the 12th win, or the second that Blizzard hits the button to force-retire all open arena runs.
My mental model is that I am not opening rewards after each Arena run, I am going through a ceremonial reveal of the awards that I have been given. A bit like the huge man-sized checques you sometimes see in TV programs when contestant win a big prizer, or when a lot of money is raised for charity. The recipient never actually goes to the bank with that cheque. It is just there for show; pretty picture for the viewers but in reality the money is just transfered by bank transfer.