Are heroes no longer available in shop?

Also, do heroes given through promotions or preorders ever available again as sale? Like deathwing for example?

2 Likes

Well they were pre-order exclusive so no. There is no information they would ever be added to the shop.

Hereā€™s what they said in the blog post where they announced the shop updates:

New In-game Shop

Hearthstoneā€™s in-game shop is being redesigned to improve navigation and accessibility, with these changes rolling out globally December 9-10. In the new shop, youā€™ll find bundles, Card Packs, Alternate Heroes, and more together in a single location ā€“ additionally, Adventures and Wild Card Packs are being added, with the option to purchase Wild Card Packs using gold.

ā€¦

Sylvanas Windrunner Hunter Hero and Card Back

Also coming to the shop on December 10 for a limited time, the Sylvanas Windrunner Hunter Hero and Card Back will be available for $9.99!

Heroes rotating from the shop

On December 10, weā€™ll be rotating the current lineup of Heroes available in the shop ā€“ they may return at a later date, but for now, be sure to take advantage of the current Hero sale featuring Magni, Medivh, and Alleria!

They talk about heroes ā€œrotatingā€ from the shop (and that they ā€œmay return at a later dateā€). If I were to guess, Iā€™d guess that theyā€™ll be periodically adding new heroes to the shop and making old heroes availableā€“so if you missed out on Lazul or Maiev, they may well show up in the shop some day. But no announcement has been made.

4 Likes

They left the shop, they are out fighting on the battlefield, I just saw Anduin kill Rexxar!

Jokes aside, mabey an update caused them to vanish? Idk

1 Like

I hope heroes do return to the shop. And while theyā€™re at it, itā€™d be awesome if they added a female warrior and female shaman hero to the mix. Every other class has male and female options but not warrior or shaman yet and Iā€™d find them a lot more fun if they could have female heroes! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So far, rogues are all-female. And yeah, all three of those classes should mix it up some!

So who are your nominees for female warrior & shaman, and male rogue?

3 Likes

Most are limited time, preorder only, or special event exclusive. So alas, they, like card backs, are not forever.

Right! I knew I was forgetting a class lol! :see_no_evil:

For female warriors, these are my nominees:

• Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth
  • Draka

Female shaman nominees:

• Greatmother Geyah
  • Magatha Grimtotem
  • Mother Kashur

Male rogue nominees:

• Marzon the Silent Blade
  • Invar One-Arm
  • Mathias Shaw
  • Bazzalan
  • Lord Falconcrest

These are the characters I think would be pretty cool as heroes. There may be some I donā€™t know about or am forgetting that may be better, but yeah lol.

1 Like

OH, Rogue idea: Taran Zhu. He can be featured in a Pandaria themed pack.

2 Likes

They should release fully working adventure-only Heroes as Heroes.

3 Likes

But I donā€™t see any hero on the shop. I donā€™t see a tab for them period. Thnx for the info though.

They should be rotating heroes in and out periodically throughout the year. There is a few heroes I missed out on too. Iā€™m bummed I missed out on Khadgar twice now. I literally came back to the game after a rest the week after he went out of the shop.

Sure, but where is the heroes tab in the shop? Or does the whole tab get removed along with the heroes after each rotation period ends?

I guess I was lucky to purchase ā€˜BronzeBeardā€™ Warrior, before the removal.
At least he is wearing armor and there is nothing wrong with that!

Iā€™m thinking that when they have no heroes to sell at any given time, the tab disappears from the shop. I hope it comes back with 3 new ones or a mixture of old and new.

1 Like

This sucks, I just looked today and no heroā€™sā€¦ have they stayed gone or am I seeing the same issue just months later? Seems like a bad move on Blizzard to offer none nevermind the fact that hero cards should also have a chance of showing up in packs.