Are Blizzard still giving packs to new players?

I just started an account, and I’ve been hearing about all these amazing decks they’re giving new players but I never had the option to choose one. I even made a second account. is there something else you have to do, or is that event over?

My understanding (though I don’t have a new account myself to double check) is that new accounts currently start in “Apprenticeship ranks”. You start at rank 40 and gradually, with each win, work your way up towards 1 and then you graduate into the normal ranks (starting at Bronze 10).

While levelling through Apprenticeship ranks, you receive 3 classic card packs upon reaching each multiple of 5 (35, 30, … 5). Upon graduation, you receive another 2 classic packs, plus 2 of each of the latest expansions. And at that time, you should also be offered the choice of one custom-made deck.

I assume you can still skip the Apprenticeship experience (that option did exists for its predecessor), but doing so forfeits all the packs you would otherwise have received. I think (but don’t know for sure) that the free deck would still be granted upon skipping out of apprenticeship.

1 Like

You gotta do the special quest.

Ok so I just grind out games and when I get out of apprentice I’ll get a quest making my highlander dreams come true?

Yes. 20 characters required

1 Like

Thank you very much. Grinding time