APXVoid Spell Damage

https://imgur.com/UYhJ14N
1 Like

that list is already kinda outdated

Ty for posting this thread.

@above:do you have an updated list or some pointers? This is the deck i want to try but i cant afford to randomly craft cards and try out a few things.

@below:ah ty i will have a look at boarcontrol stream.

Lol boarcontrol had a sick win against druid,the deck looks really fun.

Orange, Boarcontrol, Feno, Hunterace etc have all tested similar lists thats more like freeze mage on twitch. i think Boarcontrol is playing it right now

1 Like

Mally! Have you been playing this deck? Ya like? Don’t like? I’ve been having fun with it and I don’t really play Mage that much.

I’ve found the Mozaki/Polkelt Freeze list to be a lot more effective and, based on his dtream yesterday, so has APX.

Freeze Combo

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (1) Arcane Missiles

2x (1) Brain Freeze

2x (1) Devolving Missiles

1x (1) Evocation

2x (1) Magic Trick

2x (1) Ray of Frost

1x (1) Sphere of Sapience

1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos

2x (2) Cram Session

2x (2) Frostbolt

2x (2) Icicle

1x (2) Novice Engineer

2x (2) Sorcerer’s Apprentice

2x (3) Arcane Intellect

2x (3) Frost Nova

1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt

1x (5) Mozaki, Master Duelist

2x (6) Blizzard

AAECAc2xAgacAu0FxbgDkssDj84D9tYDDMkDqwS0BMsE5gSWBZ+YA5+bA/+dA+DMA8fOA/fRAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

the deck has evolved even more since then, the chinese players have moved off blizzard and is playing incanters flow instead. because if you can combo earlier you dont need as much freeze

1 Like

I have played it some. I’m not great with it, but when i can get it to work, it has been pretty fun:)
I’m afraid i don’t really know win conditions and mulligans yet…

Well that’s interesting. Might have to give it a shot.

so ditch blizzard for 1 Incanter’s? or both for 2 inanter’s?

Probably do both for both. If the point is go combo earlier, you won’t want Polkelt losing you a turn.

1 Like

can you explain win conditions? As you know, I’m more of a “curve and burn” guy.

I’ve been using frogs and incanters flow and no Sorc. App, invocation or flame spell burst guy and doing fine. Been thinking about putting Polket in there though, would totally help get Mozaki online in desperate times. Only games I’ve lost are Druids pulling the nuts or not pulling Mozaki in time which hasn’t happened that often.

This is not a curve-n-burn deck.

You use what you need to to stall until you turn 9 (or 8 w/ coin), plop down Mozaki + 2x Sorc and go nuts. Against some decks you can pull off a solid tirn with just 1 Sorc w/ Mozaki and some freeze to hold until next turn, but that depends on what your opponent is capable of doing directly from their hand.

The trick to the deck is knowing what spells to burn and when, because they’re basically all “combo pieces” that you’ll sacrifice as necessary to hold the board until you have your combo ready in hand. This also means being willing to eat face damage for free until you’re sure you need to do something.

Cram Session is often another combo piece, blowing your hand with Mozaki + Sorc then reloading with Cram or Evocation.

For something a bit more curvy, the deck below has been working just as well for the most part. It definitely seems to have a different matchup spread and suffers against Druid a lot more than the Combo build, but is a bit easier to play as it actively fights for the early board. Have gone toe-to-toe with several Hunters so far and out-tempo’d them into some pretty solid wins.

Tempo

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Phoenix

2x (1) Arcane Breath

1x (1) Evocation

2x (1) Magic Trick

1x (1) Primordial Studies

2x (1) Ray of Frost

2x (1) Violet Spellwing

1x (1) Wand Thief

1x (2) Astromancer Solarian

1x (2) Mana Cyclone

2x (2) Sorcerer’s Apprentice

2x (2) Wandmaker

2x (3) Arcane Intellect

1x (3) Chenvaala

2x (3) Firebrand

2x (4) Azure Explorer

1x (4) Fireball

1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin

1x (5) Malygos, Aspect of Magic

1x (5) Mozaki, Master Duelist

2x (8) Mana Giant

AAECAc2xAgq7AuKbA/isA4GxA+G2A8W4A427A5LLA83OA6TRAwqrBOYEn5sD/50D9awD+qwD+6wD/awD+MwD/tEDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I’ll try both. The combo thing looks fun, but maybe a bit complex for me to be great with. Thanks, Drum:)

APXVoid’s latest video shows him playing it quite a bit and he gets into some situations where you really get to see the flexibility of it because he would’ve lost if he’d try to play for the full combo.

1 Like

Drum thanks for the curve and burn list. Mall, I, too, am intrigued by the combo list, but I lack Polekit and it’s not really my style of play.

On a side note, I just played that burn list and had a late game like Alliestraza’s in that video. Solarian Prime, apprentices, then Potion of illusions. Over and over again. It was wild.

2 Likes

I would avoid crafting stuff, the list is changing a lot and needs to stabilize before any crafting is done.

2 Likes

Thx for the advice,i know its best to wait but i couldnt resist lol.
I want most of the mage cards anyway so its not really a big loss.

Minimal testing so far, but I can at least say that Incanter’s Flow helps massively in the mirrors.

1 Like