Aman'Thul Vs surgurus

Who on Azeroth is ‘surgurus’? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

‘People’ is a rather generous way to describe them. :grinning: I guess you could call cattle, rats, swine or sheep in particular :sheep: ‘people’ too. :grinning:

Sounds less like an euphemism and more like a label, meaning ‘anyone who doesn’t bow down to my oh-so-progressive :smirk: ideas’. Something like, ‘freedom of opinion — the way I see it — is crucial, therefore those who are incompatible with this view have no right to exist’. Yeah, yeah, that’s your typical killing in the name of life, drinking for sobriety and ploughing for chastity. But I digress… Still, I’d add one more thing: political terms ‘left’ and ‘right’ have actually got little to do with this, it’s more about the rights of the working class, social welfare and so on vs ‘liberal’, as in ‘free market’ etc, political inclinations.

And it’s hard to blame them, to be honest. In their place, I could abide even a few tentacled faceless horrors, perhaps, but a world populated by the likes of the Mailbox Dancer, A.F. Kay and Leeroy Jenkins would be just too much — I’d probably consider wiping it, since such atrocities tarnish the whole existence.

Of course, this is not necessarily the ultimate course of action to be taken, both in the Warcraft universe and the real world.

While Aman’Thul personally ripped Y’Shaarj from Azeroth, this was too destructive (the Well of Eternity, resulting from this, is essentially a giant wound, filled with the blood of the titan namesake), and doing the same with the rest three of those parasites would undo the world and its nascent Titan (world-soul or whatever), so they chose to contain the rest with wards instead.

On this Earth, there were projects to more or less blast a big straight between Alaska and Mexico, eliminating the real-world counterpart of the Black Empire and the root of many plagues, but these were scrapped as too destructive for the planet and causing too much life loss, so the evil there had to be containded otherwise (mostly by having enough nukes, heh-heh, to deter it).

In both cases, however, corruptive influence would seep outside and spread, so neither scenario is perfect — it’s more of a choice of lesser evil and destruction.

They more or less are, since they’ve been doing their job in Warcraft’s cosmic order, I mean the balance of six dominant forces and all that, while Sargeras sought to unmake it all (if you want a real-life analogy, he’d prefer a nuclear wasteland to a prospect of allowing at least one evil capitalist empire to exist — that was more or less the path he chose, like treating headache with a guillotine). Same thing with Zovaal: Death isn’t an ‘evil force’, it’s just one of the six domains, as is Order, and the other Eternal Ones in Shadowlands were just performing their roles in the big machine and maintaining the balance, while he sought to break it all, so that the whole existence would serve him instead.

(Updated and edited)