Am I Missing Something Here?

I guess skill isn’t really needed in this game, its all luck of the draw and whether you have these hugely powerful cards. So to play competitively you’ll need to spend a TON of cash and have perfect card draw or less you get destroyed??

So I thought I would try the other game modes and they ALL are the same way. Either you have INSANE luck or you get smashed. Seriously why would I spend any money on this game.

Is this the game experience Blizzard wanted to have?? Am I the only one who feels this way? I heard how fun the game was and all the things you could do but holy cow is this game one dimensional.

1 Like

Luck is a big part of Hearthstone and you can definitely win/lose games due to good/bad luck, but it is not ALL luck. Skilled players can reduce the luck factor and tilt random outcomes in their favor. That said, Hearthstone is not for everyone, and if you do not enjoy a bit of randomness in your game it is not the game for you.

Yes, luck is a part of Hearthstone. I’ve known people that are free to play and have a great collection. I started out free to play but now spend some money here and there. It’s not a game for everyone. Especially being a new player in “current Hearthstone”. Try out some of the free adventures? Maybe get a feel for the game?

Note: I believe only the first chapter/level of the Adventures are unlocked for some. The rest you have to buy. Totally worth it. Best ones would be Curse Of Naxxramas or Legue Of Explorers in my opinion.

You answer your own question right there, bruh!!!

Luck is ALWAYS a big part ANY CARD games, not just HS.
In time of need Pray to our Saviour RNGesus to give you the right card at the right time.

Thanks for all the responses, I have decided to move on for this game. For me the game is badly designed and focuses completely on making you spend money. The learning isn’t all that bad, granted you need to understand certain combos and how the decks are played which was the reason why I wanted to try it.

But the gaming experience is just horrible, for being a new comer the people you play at the bottom ranks seem to have all of the powerful cards which seems unfairly balanced. Why would they match me with those players that have or seem to have deep collections when I am barely just starting . . . the only reason is to get me to buy cards so I can match these players and that sucks.

I did take some of the posters advice and played some of the solo missions and they were pretty good but found the experiences bad as well. Some how the AI always had the perfect card at the end to beat me. So as someone posted “Luck is ALWAYS a big part of ANY CARD games” which I understand but there is a difference of having luck be a part of the game and then having luck be a major tool of the game. They should figure out a way to welcome new players with ease and promote the fun part of the game . . . whatever that is cause I never found it. I don’t mind losing to learn a game mind you but when you lose so badly almost every time it doesn’t really make it fun or convince me to stay around and invest in it.

So good luck everyone and happy playing but I would rather play a game that isn’t taunting me to buy, buy and buy.

2 Likes