All it is are pay decks now

100% disagree. This might be one of the few metas in a while where there’s a new deck evolution that creeps up on high ladder and starts seeing mass play on a weekly basis. I think the last round of nerf/buffs could have been better but we don’t know if those changes were made with respect to the mini set later. So it’s hard to gauge them atm.

The hobby shop made you pay for draft tournaments for sure. Never saw a shop giving people cards to make a deck and say people : go and have fun. And then giving prizes even if you won 0 games.

If you’re trying to make analogies, do it well.

BTW I never saw a shop :

• Offering free packs for playing a tavern brawl.
  • Giving the possibility to get an alternative currency to buy packs by doing quests.
  • Checking the games you play and say : ok cool, he’s play a lot, here’s a legendary.

If you want to compare Hearthstone to a paper CCG and try to say HS is a money trap, you’re going to fail for sure.

1 Like

Though there were always work arounds, we had a good collection of decks between the people I played with and we swapped cards often, that kept it fresh. You could even print out a card and stick it to a land, hard to know the difference if they were in sleeves.

One key difference that I see is that I am pressured to keep playing to keep up a collection, I’m discouraged from playing with my friends because you don’t get gold for that. There are really pros and cons, I think they need to stop being compared. I do believe a digital card game should make less money because I believe the ongoing cost of it is far less. You can try say yeah but it’s just paper, but logistics yo. The quality has dipped though, the art was way better on the card games back in the day, more play testing too.

Making the game easier for netdeckers won’t stop you from coming up with your original decks that actually do well. Stop complaining.

They have every right to complain. Games boring. 12 hours after any new release everyone is once again playing the same hero’s from copying on websites.
Its just so boring. No skill all rng.
last 30 standard games in a row were against 23 copy palis, 4 copy mages and 3 copy locks.
All same exact cards.
It feels like you’re playing the AI not a player.
skill level value: 0
RNG level value: 100
Players get tired of playing vs all same heroes. Its killing the game.
Games not balanced at all either. Pali has way too many heals & crappy card draw.
The term silence is almost forgotten from existence in this game as well.
People really enjoy fake wins?
Could never understand copy/paste decks. Your not playing you’re playing for someone else. All carry wins.

As long as your enjoying it then go for it. At least stop pinging peoples heroes when you think your having an op game. Thats just sad.

Is there any deck relying on RNG to win right now, bar priest?

Even Spell Mage win condition is simply burning your face off very fast.

1 Like

Weird. The game seems to count wins the same, whether you play with your own deck or one designed by someone else.

It’s almost as if it doesn’t matter.

Not in casual.

If you think the game in ladder should be “I play what I want and I see other people’s creative decks”, then you misunderstood how the mode ladder works.

If instead, you are the one playing a good top tier deck and you expect other people to not play it for ez win, again, ladders is not meant for this.

In casual, you can experiment and play against other stuff (not “crazy meme decks”, just decks that are weak in ladder, like heropower mage, leoroxx hunter, shaman…).
If you want to play a non meta deck that loses a lot in ladder, try casual!
If you want to play a meta deck against other non meta decks: don’t try casual! You’ll end up seeing other meta decks soon and you would think casual is trash.
If you are looking for ez wins with a good deck against trash deck: there is the HS AI who is pretty good at making bad decks.

Anyone can find their place in the game, just accept where you belong.

Out of curiosity: what deck were you playing and at what rank?

your assuming I suck. lol. IM legendary like most. But I make my own. I know what reality is. its just unfortunate most dont try.

May '21.

Ah, some things never change!

1 Like

The irony here is that this might be the least RNG meta we have ever played in. The best decks are extremely deterministic and focused on exactly what they are doing to win the game and on which turn. The last time i remember something even close to this was the Ilgynoth metas.