AI cheating by giving a Salty Dog Rush?

So I just played a round of Dalaran Heist Chapter 4 and came up against Toomba. I had a Ragnaros out, he played Shiv on it and then played a Salty Dog. No harm no foul, I thought, have to deal with it when it’s my turn, I think. Instead, Salty Dog just trades in my Ragnaros and my jaw hits the floor. Nothing and I mean NOTHING at all indicated that this was allowed.

The only possibly way I can think of that somehow makes this make sense is that he played Captain Hooktusk before but due to the reduced boardspace in Chapter 4, she only summoned two pirates. My thought was that perhaps, this Salty Dog was supposed to be the third but couldn’t be summoned from the dock, but still passively gained Rush from Hooktusk. If that is the case, you should really look into this.

Screenshots for proof:

1. https: //imgur. com/t2IHtZ1
  2. https: //imgur. com/21pjDo9

Were you playing with Anomaly Mode turned on? If so, what was the anomaly? Was this is normal or Heroic difficulty?

1 Like

I’ve seen this reported before, and Hooktusk is indeed a common factor.
It appears that Hooktusk selects three pirates, gives them Rush, then summons them from the deck. And when there is no boardspace than the Rush remains.

So far I have only seen this reported for the Dalaran Heist with the carts. I don’t know if the same can happen in regular play when there are already too many minions on the board. Or in regular play when there’s a “permanent” on the board.

1 Like

No, no Anomaly turned on, Normal difficulty. Never happened with any other minion, not in this game, before or after.

Also, I figured as much, BigHugger, thanks. That was the only way it could ever make sense to me. Perhaps, they should change the ordering then? First summon them, THEN give them rush? Or do you reckon this would screw up more interactions?

I don’t know. I’m not staff. I just hang here because it’s an ideal way to learn about interactions like that without getting bitten myself.
There were a lot of reports in the two or three weeks after wing 4 of the Heist released, then they stopped so I had kinda forgotten about this issue. I don’t know if this is still somewhere on a list of “bugs to fix if we ever have time”, or if they decided to just let it be. If this issue is unique to only the Heist, and only this wing, then I do sort of understand not changing things out of a fear for breaking other stuff.