Afraid of Colossals

What’s the purpose of colossals, if as soon as an opponent sees them they concede? I like turning them into frogs. Also, you could pull out a five: silver hand, treat, or imp. When I try to use a colossal, they usually pick up the tempo and defeat me before I can use it. I guess I need to use dredge more effectively.

Well, basically two possibilities here.

1. They see you play a colossal. They look at the cards in their hand. They contemplate possible draws. And then they conclude that they cannot win against your play and they concede to save the time. This is, in my opinion, valid. Most colossals are quite strong. Most really swing the game. Not every deck can counter every colossal.

2. They are under the mistaken impression that colossals are impossible to beat. That impression is wrong. Many decks CAN counter some or even all colossals. Some decks have some highroll potential that gives them “a chance against the odds”. But they do not know that. They think they are doomed and do not want to play a match that they believe will end in their defeat anyway.

1 Like