Adventure Format: Another Dungeon Run?

Do you want the new expansion’s adventure be Dungeon Run, regular, or a new innovative mode? Put your ideas below!

1 Like

i think the newest and dragon format was really lame to be completely honest.
i was a huge fan of PvE in HS and saw a fairly steady improvement over time… i think so far the dungeon is far superior with experimenting with crazy strategies and having 1000 ways to win.

This new format is fairly boring imo cuz in NM you’re just handed a deck and have to play it as they desire, i think it’s more fitting for PvE not to be a regular construction deck format, it makes PvP and PvE too much alike.

Some decks are fun though, like the Waxadred and Togwaggle ones in Galakrond’s Awakening, though for paid content I definitely would rather get a Dungeon Run style.

just no rhymes … please!

2 Likes

The poems are great though, they took months just to record stuff which annoys us.

yeah if they spend that much effort in other things the game wouldve been… i will just leave it there :slight_smile:

Yeah and no wild cards a allowed on the new challenge, RIP my OTK decks.

1 Like

I think demon hunters should get in on the “fun” of trying to beat the Lich King, and priests should not get a free pass next time. A new boss challenge like the Lich King might be fun, but I’m not sure who the next boss would be. Of course they should have a new hero as a reward for beating the boss with all ten classes.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, as I’ve always hated Dungeon Runs but like the “normal” playstyle of either being given an appropriate deck or being able to build 1 yourself, but: I’d take Dungeon Run over a Standard-only Adventure any day.

I prefer a Hero portrait at the very end. Something similar to Arthas (The frozen throne).

I would like the next adventure to be more like Dungeon Run. But maybe a bit improved or changed. For example that you lose all progress after only one loss is sometimes really annoying. There also could be more deckbuilding options. Like you get five instead of three cards from the bundle but you don’t need to use all and can change them if you get more support cards later on etc. Or maybe instead just more visits to Bob. And speaking of Bob you could make the gold you spend there an actual resource you need to get from the bosses. Maybe even with something like “sidequests” similar to how to get Tad’s pole back in KnC. And I would also like to see something like “endless mode”. (Of course it should also have Anomaly mode as that adds so much fun in case that’s not a given.)

Not really, I want a strict storyline with Battlegrounds and Arena drafting implementation, I want the EXACT story and a sandbox one for a whole different mode.

Please, whatever they called the Tavern one in Uldum. I would happily pay for new/expanded tavern cards, bonus cards, etc. I played the Uldum one all through dragons and all through Felfire, and looks like I’ll be doing it for another 3-4 months now. Please a.) stop locking gift/gold/ bonus cards and packs behind “Heroic” or nearly impossible challenges; some (most?) of us don’t like the Shinobi difficulty (what people here call a ‘challenge’…howabout give the free stuff to everyone that completes and then the shinobi players get ‘Im super duper cool’ checkbox instead ) and b.) yeah the rhyming was pretty awful…maybe let us turn off stuff like you can do for annoying players that spam threaten.

I want it to be dungeon run, or even an adventure map where you go collect cards, defend towns, explore caves, level up, etc, like a rpg card game.

But i want them to really stop with mana cheating bosses. It really takes the fun away from solo content as it really dictates you to draw useful cards in the first few turns or just outright lose, turning the fight into RNG joke.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think it matters what format it is so long as Blizzard puts more effort into the gameplay than they did with Trial by Felfire. Many people seem to say that the Dungeon Run format is better just because Galakrond’s Awakening and Trial by Felfire were bad, but there’s also Knights of the Frozen Throne, which was one of the most challenging and fun adventures to date. Both formats can be good, it’s just dependent on how much effort Blizzard puts into them.

1 Like

Dungeon run, of course, preferably with personal treasures like in Tombs of Terror.
Maybe something like Pandaren Power Rangers with artifacts from Pandarian lore/basis (or cooking oriented).
Or one featuring the gangs of Gadgetzan, with three characters per gang (not sure of DH).
Edit: IDEA FOR SECOND: DH would be a vigilante type character in Gadgetzan (a la Batman or Spawn)

1 Like