Acolyte of N'Zoth --- bug with Infernal Combustion

I’ve observed a strange bug during this boss fight. The only unusual thing I had was the Infernal Combustion treasure on Ragnaros (was doing it with a Fire team, probably Alexstrasza, Geddon and Ragnaros, if memory serves), so I suspect it could have caused this strange behaviour, unless something crazy was going on on the server.

So, the way it goes tends to be like this: you down the acolyte first, then there go the tentacles and so on. This time, however, something strange was going on: the acolyte stayed on the board at negative HP, then so did two generations of tentacles — in fact, they did not even fit on the board, all being there at once — and finally, all of them went down, not even the last big tentacle left standing, although it was a bit hard to see what was going on. Weird, isn’t it?

[UPD] I’ve been able to reproduce the bug with the treasure in question.

I believe this is a visual bug which occurs only in the combat which decides the winner of the game, though I have not yet to tested this thoroughly. A similar effect can be seen if Lokholar uses Hailstorm against Rattlegore with the Rattling Bones equipment. If each Hailstorm hit has enough damage to kill each piece of Rattlegore, the deathrattle will occur between hits, however because the game is over, each unit that died from that last ability will have the special destroyed animation which occurs when a winner is decided. This prevents the normal destroyed animation from triggering between hits as it normally does, making it visually appear in this case as though there are multiple Rattlegore’s on board, however only one is ever taking up space.

This is the same with the acolyte. The deathrattle of the acolyte and tentacles will trigger correctly, however visually it looks like they are still on board.

1 Like