Abysmal expansion

This meta is horrible and the upcoming nerfs are not enough.
Everything is OTK and you are never save no matter how much HP is left.
You cannot even try experimenting with your decks cause the powerlevel of the dominating decks are so high you loose if even try.
Wanna play highlander? No you dont cause DK shuts down all your pay off cards by turn 4 so you cant even play Elise or even attempt to play Marut.
Death Knight became so disgusting since they decided to just ignore the rune system and make everything work everywhere. Why even put rune requirements on any cards anymore?
Paladin is in auto play and should have been nerfed day one of the expansion but we let that fire burn till most return players and new players left the game again cause that is a healthy attitude.
Warrior still abuses Odyn and if they dont cripple that card Warrior will keep dominating cause taking 20+ damage in one turn is very fun and interactive since they also gain 20+ armor those turns.
Shaman caually deals a billion dmg for 3 mana turn 4-5 deping on their draw since manacheat is very fun.
And Warlock gets the fun ability to win the game with upsides! Wheel of death should have a bigger downside than destrying your deck since it just wins you the game. Warlock shouldnt be able to avoid fatigue after it is played and Warlock has way to many cards the are positivly affected by having no deck.
I would write something about every class, like how the druid otk is also to easy to execute but that would imply you see any of the other classes. Like Druid, DH, Hunter, Mage, Priest and Rouge dont even exist currently. They are not allowed to exist cause what the point of even trying to play anything else when the Devs want you to clearly play only Warrior and Paladin and maybe occasionally Warlock and DK.

4 Likes

cant find the patch notes only the teased cards were the nerfs leaked ?

1 Like

Be excited for people to come white knight for a meta where everyone is playing solitaire.

2 Likes

Solitaire, ‘loose’, Fun and interactive, manacheat. Are we playing salty redditor bingo?

I get it, nobody has to like everything. But at this point we’re expecting Hearthstone to not be Hearthstone. Its the same complaints all the time when the game hasn’t really changed at its core in years.

Im betting Odyn and OTK Shaman die horribly with the coming patch. Whether thats enough to make people happy is another story. Odyn I wont be sorry to say goodbye to but OTK Shaman I’ve faced exactly one of, because its neither interesting nor objectively powerful.

2 Likes

I mean i didnt use Solitaire but Warlock is getting pretty close to it currently.
If you wanna try playing for example a Priest game, Warrior and Warlock are just lost games. You can try to rat the Odyn but thats it.
Fun and interactive i took from their Leroy nerf years ago where they where admitting that 20+ dmg in a turn shouldnt be the norm. So letting Warrior gain so much attack is hypocritical.

“Leeroy Jenkins created a strategy that revolved around trying to defeat your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. Fighting for board control and battles between minions make an overall game of Hearthstone more fun and compelling, but taking 20+ damage in one turn is not particularly fun or interactive”

You admit to only having faced that Shaman deck once, but i can assure you that it is ridiculus. It is rather highrolly but it is only really limited by having “flash of lightinigs” ready to point face next turn.

This is not a good meta, specially after rotation. I have been playing for a long time and this current state is just straight up bad. They should be ashamed of what the game turned into and while Palading and Odyn defenetely deserve the upcoming nerfs, no matter what it is, it wont make the game better since they refused to tackle all problems.

Someone at blizzard played yugi-oh during his lunch break and got killed turn 0 by an otk deck and after the lunch break went into the meeting for the future of hearthstone and went “guys, I have the best idea. Ever…”

Nerfs are out. Warrior got away for basically free.
As teased Warlock remained untouched, as do Plagues. So we will have lots of fun with that…
Paladin and Mage where the only one that got actually nerfed.

1 Like

you wrote that rant without knowing the changes ?

plagues didnt need a nerf that one is only extremely good vs HL decks

Plagues needed an adjustment or HL decks need a change. I dont wanna argue about Reno, but all the other highlander payoff cards. Why even make Elise a 8 mana card if you cant even get her effect of.

This is probably the worst thing about hearthstone in recent years, every deck is just concerned with rushing to their wincon, you don’t play the game anymore, you play a deck. Very boring.

1 Like