About Zilliax in this meta

Zilliax doesn’t increase your win rate by 10% when played on curve though. Never will either

Keleseth on the other hand was 1 of the most toxic cards ever released in the game. Only trumped by the other high roll card being Barnes

They are non comparable

2 Likes

Keleseth on 2 single handedly bring zoolock win percentage by 15% or so though. I dk of any situation zillax can swing the game like that.

1 Like

Just saying, both played a lot, both complained about a lot. If Keleseth was even more powerful, that’s just more reason why blizzard won’t change zilliax.

All the above paired with the one I higlighted is exactly how a good card should not be designed. This is the exact reason why DKs were (and still are) unhealthy for the game: Eventhough their mana cost and effect by themselves were well done, almost all of them were TOO strong in almost every archetype and therefore auto-inclusions.

1 Like

Zilliax is a nice well balanced card. Now alexstraza on the other hand. That card needs to be made unplayable

The difference between Zilliax and DKs is that they were permenant value monsters while Zilliax has numerous ways that it can be cleared without even getting any more lifesteal beyond the initial play. Outside of being magnetic, it rarely does more than buy one more turn for whoever is using it.

Blizzard themselves have stated why they are fine with Zilliax being the way it is and while I don’t always agree with them, this is one case in which I do.

3 Likes

You got me all wrong :wink:
I’m someone who thinks that Zilliax is absolutely fine. My only gripe is with xFoobs statement how a “balanced” card should be created.

I see. Personally, I believe there are different types of balanced cards. Zilliax is one of those by being decent in many different things but not ridiculous, whole some other cards are really overpowered for their cost but come with a drawback of some form that balances that out.

My thoughts exactly. Zilliax is VERY strong in mechdecks and “good” in any other control deck that doesn’t have such a good pool of Rush minions like Warrior does.

I don’t like the card, but I don’t like empty words as well, so let me tell you why.

Azure drake was ubiquitous but never abused. Zilliax was summoned as 5/5 in rez priest and then again, and again to stall until it had a way to deal with the board.

Miracle rogues use it too with shadowstep, also to stall the game.

Warrior combine with it other mechs, not only to stall but to create way better bodies than poor old azure drake.

It is a broken card but it is loved by the devs as someone pointed out.

It’s way more than just steroids. It was also exposed to radiation.

2 Likes

actually keleseth play rate wasnt very high. The most popular deck during keleseth era was cubelock for a long while which dont run keleseth lol. main deck i know that run keleseth is deathrattle hunter, big spell mage and heal zoolock.

Did you seriously compare zillax with DK’s???
WTF…bwahahaha.
Ive never played zillax and said I win!
Ive never played against and thought i lose…just a good, no ,really good card.
He will never be nerfed or HoF’d…count on it.
Lol DK’s🙃

1 Like

You won’t get any support since it’s an anti aggro card and most people are in the ‘fk aggro’ camp.

Another convenient excuse is it will rotate out soon and shouldn’t be nerfed.

If you see an aggro card 50% of the time, you bet there will be a ton of complaints and will be promptly nerfed. (See small time buccaneer, patches)

3 Likes

i play it in my more aggressive mech bomb hunter too. its really a very versatile card.

You know what’s you problem?
You think that because i don’t post on the forums i know crap about the game or im some alt account.
Instead i post relevant stuff and not crap like you posted right now.
And btw probably my account its older then yours :rofl:

No.no.no!
He doesnt think your low post count means that…its probably the fact you think zillax needs a nerf is why he thinks that :grin::smile::rofl::hugs:

2 Likes

i think you dont understand what i said on the OP.

I said that after winning and losing so much times with this card alone…
If you know how to use it this card alone can change the game by itself.
Sure control probably benefits way more with the card but im telling you that mech aggro decks can abuse it too also.

Its not that “im losing too much to the card” its like “the card can change a game by itself”

I gotta disagree with that…i dont think it changes the game that drasticly.
Zillax the swing card?

Plus its arguably worse than keleseth, cry me a river forums

1 Like

is being called a game changer now ? woah thats a huge boost blizzard gave to the card with this expansion

so how are people doing this …because i doubt it just by playing it from hand

3 Likes