About the new event

So, in order to complete the questline on the new event, we have to craft a 1600 legendary card or have luck on finding someone using it, the one that is conveniently the same given in the paid pass? And we totally cant reroll that one quest?
I even tried to play with a friend in order to beat it but u have to face it on ranked.

Geez blizz.

2 Likes

A few bug report tickets talking about how you can’t destroy an opponent’s for the quest, so you MIGHT be able to do it in friendlies if it wasn’t bugged. Even if you can’t, I’ve made this suggestion in the bug report forums: Play with Paparazzi in Standard. Keep playing until you Discover Jepetto, then play it. Or use Arch-Villain Rafaam, since it’s in the core set. That’s less consistent, though, since you don’t Discover the Legendaries.

2 Likes

Or you can just ignore it.

You don’t need to complete the quest to earn all of the available rewards.

The only time I’ve encountered a player with Jepetto was when I was playing my Reno Demon Hunter and blasted it out of their hand with my Kurtrus so it wouldn’t count anyway.

You don’t need to craft it. This is so easy to complete. Challenge a friend that has japetto, get them to put it in a deck and borrow the deck. Play japetto. Done.
The quest doesn’t work if you destroy him so you must play him. Takes 5 minutes.

2 Likes

I think It is reasonable to not need to call a friend to play the game.

It is part of what the ranked ladder is there for.

2 Likes

As I said, I did it and it didnt workd. It was the first thing I tried.

Maybe if it was a more popular legendary like Zilliax, but jepetto is paid and I havent seen him thus far in any deck that I faced, its completely random.

1 Like

I was using Rogue in Casual to complete an excavate quest when my opponent played Joymancer Jepetto, while I had Shadow Word: Steal in hand.

This stranger allowed me to steal and play Japetto, but then I remembered that the account that I was on had already completed the Jepetto quest while doing the last week’s Tavern Brawl.

Sadly, I still have 7 other collections, which still need to get the quest done.

1 Like