A funny thing happened on the way to the opera last night

Quest Priest Issues:

I was playing quest priest last night and got hit by Celestial Alignment.

This made it so that it was impossible for me to complete my quest. I cannot think of another single card that blocks quest completion once you start it. Something feels wrong about this. This is not the same as stealing the quest reward minion or the like.

Which brings me to the next point. Quest priest cards should count as their ORIGINAL cost for the purpose of the quest. Yes, I realize this impacts the 9 and 10 point cards like Flesh Giant and Blood of G’hunn (2 cards) but the way it is now impacts 5 cards (Insight, Devout Dungeoneer, Nazami Bloodweaver, Palm Reading, and Dark Inquisitor Xanesh) not counting the Neutral cards.

Should quest priest be hampered by not being able to use mana reducing cards when no other class quest prevents that?

What say yee?

Pitchforks and angry mob or am I missing something? LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I play a lot of qPriest. But i gotta say, it’s rare that i lost to cellestial druid. Whenever he drops it, i get gitty because i start throwing those 6,7,8 costs like crazy. Lots of times it’s enough to just drop moonbeast and put the mount on it. Druid just saved me 12mana for 2 and made me put an unkillable beast on the board. He has no poison and has no destroy. So i just watch his big minions slam into wolfie and him only taking 1 dmg.

Sure, I get that you get to play cards for cheap afterwards but it is now impossible to complete the quest and get your shard. No?

Sure, I get that you get to play cards for cheap afterwards but it is now impossible to complete the quest and get your shard. No?

Punching the druid in the face with big fatties he cant remove is another good way to win the game. His HP drops to 0 either way.

1 Like

Of course it’s impossible, but why would you? You still have a very fair chance of winning without it.

They will clear your single big fatty with the board full on minions they play Sow the Soil and Arbor Up on. Not to mention Pride’s Fury, Power of the Wild, and Iron Bark. One taunt minion a turn is not stopping that train. :cry: :cry: :cry:

OP, you’re right about the way Celestial impacts the Priest quest like no other quest.

No other class would be affected.

That being said. MY Q priest uses a ton of discovers.

I can still discover a 7 and 8 cost card, and so on.

But yes, why should Q priest be so affected?

Even with burn cards. Lock can burn my 8’s and now I can’t complete the quest.

What can I do to a lock to keep him from damaging himself?

And you can play that 7 about 6 turns from when he casted Celestial. Not to mention you can get hit by Celestial as early as turn 5. (maybe even sooner)

This just seems broke. If this happened to Locks and Mages they would all be going nuts.

1 Card … Your quest goes bye bye and you cannot finish … hmmmm

Imagine if Celestial stated “Make all cards cost 1 and remove all spell types from spells”

OH NOES, now poor OP mage cant finish wittle qwest!

That crap wouldn’t fly,

1 Like

Moonbeast with 10hp and taunt definitely can and will. That’s why i run it in my priest deck.

1 Like

I did just add that to my deck. :wink:

Dumped Illucia, High Abbess Alura, Primordial Protector, and a Rustrot Viper

Added Moonfang, Priest of An’she, Mo’arg Forgefiend, and Natalie Seline

Will try that out for awhile but the quest killer card still seems broken. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Honestly, qPriest is enjoyable to play against any other class besides mage, shaman and warlock. So be prepared to lose a lot against them. Otherwise, qPriest fills that void of wanting to play control and gives an overall enjoyable experience.

Tbh I wish the quest would take in consideration the original cost and not the reduced/more expensive one. At least when I tried to play that questline it felt more natural and fair if it was the original cost.
It would also give space for some shenanigans like reduce a 7 mana spell with 2 palm reading and being able to use Xyrella in the same turn, bringing it to the level of the other quests.

1 Like

Just dropped that Moonfang on turn 6 on a Quest Warlock. He ignored it and filled his board. I dropped Elekk Mount on Moonfang on turn 7 … and another on that one on turn 8 when I realized he didn’t have a Siphon Soul … Needless to say his mind was blown over the next couple of turns as it got ugly for him until he conceded even after he played his quest reward guy.

Thanks for the solid tip.

It was fun to sit back at watch a quest lock go WTH ???

1 Like