A Chinese player's thought, just sharing thoughts not arguing

i don’t think what he says in his interview is necessarily representative of blizzard/blizzard’s ideals but simply his own and i think most people would be able to tell that, simply allowing him to say it on their platform isn’t the same as them directly supporting what he said, and again they interpreted their rules in a twisted kind of a way and gave him a disproportional punishment, they got rid of the casters involved who didn’t even initiate it, the comments for the original article are set to disabled, they deleted the vod, these don’t seem like the things that you would do to remain neutral, it seems like the things they would do if they had an agenda

2 Likes

Blizzard can be neutral. Just say we do not advocate what Blitzchung did, his views are his own.

But they went out of their way to interpret their rules (which I have read) in order to appease the Chinese censors.

We all know the Chinese are the real problem here, if they weren’t so uptight as to blame blizzard for something Blitzchung did, would this really be an issue?

2 Likes

I think you’re not understanding what I’m saying. Yes, Blizzard was right in banning Blitzchung since he broke neutrality, no, Blizzard was not right in deleting everything concerning the incident.

No I understand what you said, and I refuted that assertion.
Then you said that I did t understand what you said and made the exact same argument.:yum:

If you are claiming to be neutral but give a platform to a certain side, are you still neutral?

Freedom of speech is freedom of speech , how dare you even compare that to terrorism , oh yea you’re from china , both freedom of speech and terrorism kills peoples …

You can give the platform to anyone and be neutral.
So long as you aren’t selectively giving the platform to any particular group.
The Chinese players are welcome to express their belief, but I have a feeling they need to get an Okay from their government minders first.

1 Like

So right wing fanatics, muslim extremists and hardline communists may also spread their agenda?

Of course , they should, doesn’t mean people will be receptive of it.
In fact I encourage such people as terrible as they are to speak up.
Maybe some rational people can change their mind with dialogue rather than wars.

1 Like

But is a game the right place for that? You can’t guarantee that everyone from opposite sides will be present to guarantee neutrality. Something like that is more suited in an appropriate forum or debate. Not a digital card game.

yes… they can… I am ok to listen them
just because I dont agree with them that doesnt mean I will not hear them
if blizzard letting gay pride flags to be waved they should let all of this to be heard… because then they cannot say “no politics pls”
I rather listen my enemy to know him so I will know what I am facing
if I dont what I am facing I will be suprised when I realized what hit me from behind

For free speech, as long as your not bringing immediate danger to anyone, any venue is a good venue. Maybe Blitzchung feels that he can expose more audiences to the plight of his people.

He had the skill that gave him a platform with lots of exposure and he’s smart enough to take advantage of it.

Blizzard certainly has the right to kick him off their tournament; Fair enough.

But their motivation for doing so is to appease the Chinese censors. If you would actually read the language of their agreement, nothing Blitzchung did actually violated those terms. Blizzard chose to loosely interpret those terms so they can keep a foothold in the Chinese market.

That is why people like myself do not condone such actions.
And I can’t support a company that would value money over free speech.

Maybe you think that’s perfectly acceptable to trade free speech to appease communist censors and that’s fine too.
But eventually the Chinese will begin to censor other media like Hollywood and Disney and Sports and those heartless company will fire anyone who dare to voice any opinions that will interfere with their cash flow until free speech is subverted.

Creativity in arts and media will have to conform to Chinese censors.
That is a future I do not wish for anyone!

So what your really saying is you don’t understand the difference bewteen Freedom of Speech and Hate Speech!

So you think…

Free Hong Kong, is the same as, kill all non whites?

Really? Sounds like you don’t have any common sense. Because there is a big difference between supporting equal rights and supporting the suppression of a certain groups rights.

Isn’t that ironic… So, why don’t they have access to the forum here?

Hate speech is non existant:
Freedom of speech is freedom to say what others may hate to hear. Thats why its called freedom of speech no matter how offansive it is as long as its not a lie you can say it.

Hate speech is always lies

I am sorry I do not make it clear in the previous version. Already make a clarification in the article. Just want to express server separation and language barrier reason.
It is like you cannot access Chinese server WOW directly through US version Blizzard client without some extra work. Chinese Blizzard client will link to the forum in Chinese, which is not the one we are posting here. But they can still have access to this one if they type the address in web explorer. Just not a direct link though the client.
Also we do have our own forum for Blizzard’s games, just all in Chinese.

But it’s not about equal rights. If it was equal rights, they’d stay with China so they have equal rights as the Chinese. They want autonomy. Yes, yes, their equal rights aren’t the same as ours, but guess what, it’s a different country, and if you read the OP, a different culture.

Also, if you want to know how things escalate for regions wanting autonomy, read up on Basque, Northern Ireland and Palestina. We sure had some fun in the eighties.

But back on topic, a contest should remain neutral, and that means not giving a platform for politics.

So a Chinese player who speaks English could come on this site and openly praise the Hong Kong protests? The Chinese government would be fine with that if they found out? There would be no repercussions?

I was expecting a rational Chinese player til I saw this word. I am very disappointed.

The PRC always said the Hong Kong issue is about "National dignity ", " separatist movement ", “cultural differences”. I am really tired with these BS terms.Many of Chinese people are so easily triggered by those terms. It is really overly sensitive. As a result, The warm txts sucker, $lizaard became overly sensitive too.

People of Hong Kong just protesting for a overdue promise made by the Chinese government in the Sino-British Joint Declaration. (universal suffrage FYI). It is nothing about separatist movement.

I saw many video on youtube that Chinese people at other country confronting Hong Kong protest face to face and call them separatist, trash or other bad words. when these Chinese being asked “What is the five demands of the Hong Kong protester”. None of them able to answer. None of them.

This is a free world. People can have their beliefs no matter how ridiculous it is to other people’s point of view. I fully respect your opinion and how much you valued your country.

I do agree that there are cultural differences between China and western country. However, no matter in what culture. A promise is a promise. If a country or their people or their government really that care about the National dignity. Try to fulfill the overdue promise and honor her words. The overdue promise made by the Chinese government in the Sino-British Joint Declaration. Give those Hong Kong people universal suffrage.

It is nothing to do with separatist movement.

1 Like