Announcing Murder at Castle Nathria, Hearthstone’s Next Expansion!

Announcing Murder at Castle Nathria, Hearthstone’s Next Expansion!

Investigate new Locations in Hearthstone’s newest Infusion of cards.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Blizzard should fire the whole marketing team. Whoever is behind the creation of this pre-order sets.

I’ll explain why. Now for example, I play only ranked ladder in hearthstone. I’m not someone who’s interested in BG’s or Duels or Mercenaries. I’m sure there are lots of players who enjoy playing those modes only instead of ranked ladder and vice-versa for other modes. So when this new expansion releases, won’t it be good to cater to players like us, who enjoy the specific modes and create pre-order packs just for that. For example ranked-ladder players can get a pre-order pack with 90 packs instead of 80. Players who enjoy Mercenaries can get like 20 extra packs of mercenaries, instead of the extra BG board and the finisher animation and collection packs. And so on. In this way there can be multiple options and players can enjoy buying. For example I’m skeptical about pre-ordering because I wanna buy the 80-mega pack. I want the warrior hero skin, but I don’t want the BG board and animation. Because for my life I won’t play BG, nor enjoy the mode. It’s not something I play. So for me it’s not worth the money. I’m willing to pre-order but this is stopping me. Please Blizzard look into this ? You might get more people to buy stuff if you give options.

2 Likes

You’re looking at it wrong for 80 bucks you are getting 80 packs a card back a hero portrait 5 golden card packs and 2 golden legendaries. That is insane value in this game. Then on top of that you get an extra 10 mercenaries card packs and a bg board. I wont be using the merc packs either but look at it is extra stuff they are giving you along with the stuff you normally get. Kind of like the rewards track. They haven’t taken anything away they are just adding more merc skins so you still get the normal value but if you happen to play merc mode you also get more rewards. It’s how they are incentivizing players to play more modes.

TWO announcements! Great job as usual.

Nope. Doesn’t make sense at all. Why would I pay money and get that Mercenaries skin and packs when I don’t even like it and won’t even play ever. I don’t like it. Simple. Give me extra stuff that I like. I don’t like BG as well. What’s the Board and animation useful for me? That’s why I said keep options. I mean they release bundles every now and then like for 20-30 bucks. Even now there was a bundle I guess with 20 packs and 2 legendary card or something like that. Why? Instead put the effort here in pre-order. My question is simple. Why would I pay for something I won’t ever use. Like BG skins and mercenaries skin and whatnot. Give me more packs instead. I think that’s much more efficient. With more options people think, “Oh yeah. I’m getting value for what I’m paying for”.

$80 for 80 standard packs alone makes the value compared to other versions (minus the 60 pack promo, which is probably most appropriate for you) when a pack on its own is also more than $1 normally. Also the 5 golden packs, though I’m not sure what their normal cost. Really the rest are just promos like the MTGA codes in some Magic products.

Like I said before, if you don’t want all the extra: just get the 60 pack version.

Idk. I truly think they could do extra marketing option. It would be much more better in that sense. I don’t wanna get the 60 pack bundle because I want the warrior hero portrait as well. Because card I can get later as well. Why would I go out of the way to pre-order! Duh. I want it because of the warrior portrait. That’s the only thing that’s the special collectible type thing right ? And if you’re gonna talk about extra as I said give extra in different options. For BG players only give the BG board, animations, custom emotes, new hero portraits. For mercenaries, give new golden animated cards. From a customer’s point-of-view, if you see, a customer will be happy if you get more options. You won’t buy if you get only one option and if they cram everything in just one bundle. That’s just ridiculous.

Bruh the only thing that’s changed is that they’re giving you MORE stuff for $80… the $80 preorders have always been the most value. HS is an expensive game, Mercenaries is a depressingly expensive game. BGs is entirely free so idk why you even include that.

Tbh I’m super pumped for new mechanics & the location card types. Big innovations are always fun to try out, especially if they have potential sticking power. Also even tho I hated WoW Shadowlands, I LOVED Revendreth, so I’m very excited for Team 5 to take a spin with it bc it’s spooky and edgy and lovely.

NOT pumped for the return of Evolve Shaman. I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction because it’s either oppressive or unplayable, and it seems like it could have enough support to be VERY good already.

No it’s not about being expensive. It’s a point of getting what you want if you’re at least paying. BG is free, but there are collectables like new board, custom hero portrait and emojis and whatnot. So that’s special custom ones. In that sense you can give out BG bundle for players who only enjoy BG. Same with ranked. Give me more packs. Because I’m genuinely never ever gonna play BG. I don’t want that custom board and the battle animation or whatever that’s called. I rather take more packs or other hero portraits along with the new warrior portrait that I’m getting with the pre-order. That’s my point.

You can pay for the $60 bundle then, or any other bundle you want if all you care about is constructed Hearthstone. The point myself & others make is that the $80 bundle offers the best value per pack AND other stuff. I just feel like you’re misdirecting some other frustrations you have with Hearthstone, which though I don’t understand them, I’m sure they’re valid.

Hearthstone is not a perfect game, but I don’t think the nature of the pre purchase bundles is what’s egregious about Hearthstone; and, I do believe that Blizzard has taken SOME (relatively recent) steps in the right direction in terms of the game’s accessibility.

This expansion is really bad! The legendary ones that came out so far are all bad, what’s going on?? I think fans make more interesting cards than these incompetent designers! If the new cards are junk, I’m not buying anything from this set! I prefer to buy more fun games on other platforms.

1 Like