Raid Leaders, the First Battlegrounds: Lobby Legends is This Weekend!

Raid Leaders, the First Battlegrounds: Lobby Legends is This Weekend!

The first Lobby Legends takes place April 2-3, live on YouTube and Twitch at 8 am PDT!

View Full Article

2 Likes

Cannot wait to bring my perspective to this event. Hoping you’ll check out all the great streamers in this event!

I’m glad to see this type of event, but I was curious if they ever might be expanded into - in essence - a free-for-all with a much larger pool (bear with me for a moment).

Would it be possible for them to schedule something like this, but with (hypothetically) 1,600 players (instead of 16)? It wouldn’t have to be a best of 3 format (perhaps advancing the top 4 or even just the winner each round).

As for monetizing the setup, players currently can buy a ticket to play in duels/arena, why not this?

a tournament based on nothing but rng, seems fun…or not

1 Like

They could have at least enabled drops to make it worth watching. BG is as much fun as watching two random number generators battle.

Even when they do, most don’t even get them. At least they stopped pretending with the lie that people would get something for tuning in.

I’ve never not gotten them, sometimes 48 hours after the event but always gotten them.

This event is a significant improvement over their normal events IMO. Drops would of course been nice, but I can actually watch this without wanting to smash the mute button a minute in.

I don’t know if it’s the casters fault, but the normal standard events are borderline unwatchable IMO. The games have so much RNG that the casters can’t offer any insight into the decisions the players are making and are rarely able to accurately predict a turn. So the casters fill each turn awkwardly guessing. It could just be the casters themselves though, sorry.

The casters in this event have relevant insight into strategies and plays. There is significantly less downtime as well compared to the standard events, so there always seems to be enough things to discuss between turns.