6yrs later Ranking is still absurdly broken in HS

In 2018 I quit playing HS because of the absurd amount of “Legendary” players who purposely troll the Rank 20-17 area for easy wins/gold and then lose. I have proof of this STILL happening and it’s 2020. I just started playing again in Jan 2020 to test out the “Battlegrounds” thing, its ok, but it gets boring as hell quickly. It’s ranking is LIGHTYEARS ahead of “Ranked” play however. It should replace the current “Ranked” play ranking system which is complete and utter dog sh1t.

The biggest problem I have with ranked is that I have NEVER, not once, been above rank 15. Like. Ever. Why? Because I play maybe 1-3 games AVERAGE each day if I’m lucky. I dont like playing non-ranked because there is nothing to play for. Nothing to achieve in the limited time I have to play. At least achieving Rank 15 gives a delusional sense of accomplishment. But when you’re playing against players who literally have no life and play 24/7 to the point where they are able to achieve Legend ranks, then it COMPLETELY and utterly destroys any “fun” factor the game has (which is weak to begin with without this ranking problem, I’m looking at you aggro 10 second game freaks).

Below you’re going to find 10 (yes thats 1 with a 0 at the end of it) players who ALL achieved Legendary rank yet are rank 20 - 17. Keep in mind that I play roughly 1-3 games per day on AVG (some days I play 7-10 and then not again for a few days) and that this data spans only ONE lousy month (Jan 2020 to beginning of Feb 2020). It also doesnt count players who dont use the “Legend” card back in order to hide themselves. This only counts those that opt to blatantly flaunt that they dont belong at ranks below legend (IMO should never go below rank 3).

Solution: Legendary players should NEVER be able to go below a certain rank ever again. Period. End of story. IMO that should be rank 2 or 3. Once you reach legend, you’re forever locked at those ranks. Currently, it only locks for I think 1 month and thats CLEARLY not enough.

Meet Mage. Mage is a Legendary player who is purposely losing his way to rank 20. You can see him concede before the game even begins, I didnt even have enough time to click “End Turn” before this clown clicked concede. We’ll see you at rank 20 you loser. Mage has 2 screenshots because he’s just that famous. One of the game starting, and one of him doing his thing and losing intentionally to get back to rank 20 to troll some more. I’ve met Mage before… at rank 20. And he didnt concede, he proceeded to Emote insult me to death with his P2W cards as if it was some sort of massive achievement to humiliate casual players.

One thing you’re going to notice is that ALL of these games ended up being against aggro type decks. Another thing I’ve been finding is that if I dont play priest, the legend cardback players will NOT concede. Why is that? Because 95% of all priest decks are CONTROL decks and the games will take forever (this is the style I find MOST enjoyable as does everyone else I know in person who plays this garbage). Thats not what they are looking for so they will concede right away. Their only goal is fast wins for gold and thats it. There is no other purpose. There is no “opps I forgot xyz card” or “o crap the baby is awake”. No, this is a pattern that I have meticulously documented.

prnt.sc/r882v0 - Game started
prnt.sc/r883at - Him conceeding

prnt.sc/r883w0 - Skinbeard. At least he stayed. I lost at turn 6. It was as pointless of a game as one could imagine. Not fun in the least. This was my 1st week back and I wasnt pleased with the outcome.

prnt.sc/r884oi - Rarrb. What kind of name is that? IDK, whoever it is won at turn 4. Another pointless game.

prnt.sc/r88573 - Man. Yes, thats the dudes name. But as you can see, clearly an aggro deck is in store, this was another total waste of time, they won at turn 4.

prnt.sc/r885n5 - LordDickTip. Yes, you read that right, the name says it all. Need I say more?

prnt.sc/r8860z - CrimsonFlare. This guy has a flare for conceeding. I had played him earlier at rank 19 and he instantly conceded. Anticipating it again, I took this gem right at the start. Well, he didnt concede. Instead he did what every hunter does. Makes the game completely unenjoyable to play by winning at T4. No hunter is fun to play, the games dont last more than 30 seconds.

prnt.sc/r8870k - Someday49, I think he misspelled his name and meant to put Someday69 because this guy has clearly never been laid. 2nd Most unfun deck of the group was this one. Freeze Mage still being a thing… 5yrs after HS begins is just ridiculous. Even with all the extra cards of wild, this crap is still viable. Its also the ONLY control deck in the entire group I have posted here. Coincidence? Absolutely NOT. Its a pattern.

prnt.sc/r8880h - Dbruh. And last but not least, this is the LAST game I played in 2018. After this game, I quit HS because of it’s utterly absurd ranking system which still exists to this day.

UPDATE (03/18/2020):
Cool, I saw a “Ranked Play” in the Change Notes, but after reading it, this is what it amounted to:

Ranked Mode Overhaul

Last year, we started exploring ways we could make Ranked Play experience bett… BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Translation, all you did was RENAME the ranks. None of the math changed. None of the actual functionality changed. And still nothing is stopping Legend players from trolling Rank 20 (Or “Bronze” since you’re so insistent on just renaming crap).

The ONLY thing I saw was a single word mention of MMR. But since you dont show BOTH player’s MMR to us (including the person’s HIGHEST achieved MMR), you might as well just say you’re matching people by the color of their socks. Because you cant PROVE that you really did add MMR to the matchmaking. Until I see someone else’s MMR. I’m calling COMPLETE BULLSHT on any Ranked Play changes.

At this point, I’ve lost so much trust in the HS competency that even if you DID show the MMR, I’d believe that it was completely fake. The only way I’d ever believe it was accurate is if I could actually ASK the person what their MMR was and if what I saw was correct. But since you MUTE people too, forcing them to “add as a friend” which is utterly absurd, players can not verify anything you say and that leads to COMPLETE DISTRUST.