Artist Alex Horley Reflects on 15 Years of Working with Blizzard

Artist Alex Horley Reflects on 15 Years of Working with Blizzard

The Italian artist’s body of work includes a number of iconic pieces for Warcraft and Hearthstone.

View Full Article

4 Likes

Horley = G.O.A.T. !!

3 Likes

we need darkmoon wallpaper

Unnerf jaina’s assets and I will look positively at this post

1 Like

there should be posters we can buy!!!

Those are great! Wish you could “flip” a card to see its full art.

4 Likes

Impressive story, impressive technique, impressive art.

2 Likes

I have no background as an arts critic, but in my view some of these are better than Vincent Van Gogh’s. I reckon I’ll print a couple out to canvas and hang them on the wall.

His artwork is one of my favorite, at least the Warcraft related.

I hope he is paid well. Love your work if you are reading this.

2 Likes

I bash this game for many, many reasons, on many fronts, but gotta give them what’s due - the art team is, IMO, what is carrying a good chunk of this company on its back. It managed to keep even WoW, which is a kinda dated game for what its worth, somewhat freshier when it comes to the visuals. I just find it to be a shame that sometimes some cards are being changed in this game for whatever reason they have. In any case, you folks at the art team, keep up the superb job you guys are doing. If there’s anyone in this company that deserves a big pat on the back, it’s you folks.

2 Likes

I really, really love Alex Horley’s artwork. I look forward to every one of his pieces in Hearthstone. In fact, I wouldn’t have minded if Hearthstone was just Alex Horley’s art.

Omg yes an option to display it fullscreen in game