5 balance patches and librams will still be bad

It’s already set up to be broken because you can get a 0 cost spell that can be repeated every turn, and even multiple times per turn.

It just needs something better than Mount Seller to push it over the edge.

Like a “Libram” Flamewaker would be scary.

Uh… OTK Paladin was pretty broken and dominated several tournaments.

True, but that was in the past. You can do it in Wild and still dominate if you can.

just like shaman, paladin got their current wincon rotated to wild with the yearly rotation.

Calling something bad because they are not competitive on ladder is a very poor metric. LOTS of cards and decks are not competitive on ladder.

Besides, there are way more cards available than people have room to put into a deck of 30, so there will always be more cards that aren’t used in ladder than not, and labelled “bad”

The class or a whole deck losing doesn’t tell us if it’s librams or the other ~20 cards that aren’t librams in the pally’s deck.

And again, if librams are so bad, it’s silly that most decks are devoting like 1/3rd of their deck to run them.

Pure paladin actually have positive win rates vs most DH hunters, and warriors (HL hunter being the worst of the bunch)

First, it actually could, if those few percentage points happens on both ends (pallies go up a few, other classes go down a few)

Second, meta changes isn’t all about win rates. What decks people run could also change, which may or may not benefit pallies. A match up could be only 20% win rate, but if that match up almost never happens because nobody is running that other class/deck, pally’s spot in the meta will improve without touching librams or any pally cards.

Again, as I pointed out, most of those balance changes simply didn’t affect paladins much directly or indirectly, so of course paladins didn’t change significantly.

No, not the same thing. Think of it this way: saying that other people are rich is not the same as calling you poor.

Other way around. The stats are showing that librams are being chosen over most other pally cards. 40% win rate? That’s bad when compared to other classes, but now compare it to other possible pally cards and decks. How’s the win rate on secret paladin? Healadin using stuff like Nozari? Maybe some dragon deck that tries to use handbuff? Mech paladin without boomsday? Some other homebrew that doesn’t use librams?

If other pally cards are weaker, then those should be the cards that need buffs first, not librams. Not that I haven’t heard people want other cards buffed mind you, and I might even agree on some of them. Just can’t remember ever seeing any good ideas.

It doesn’t make them bad either, which was what I said.

1 Like

That libram that gives +1/+1 is cancer. If libram ever becomes meta I can already imagine the hate and that card is getting nerfed really fast. I wish HS would stay away from infinite value cards, I don’t know how other people feel about this but I really don’t like them.

1 Like

First off, that seems like exaggeration, secondly, infinitely generating +1/+1 isn’t that big of a deal, when you can only have so many librams of wisdom at once, and thirdly, it probably won’t matter since Paladin rarely gets archetypal support for more than one expansion. Maybe in 2069 we’ll get more libram support, like how the Sacred Beasts in Yugioh recently got support.

1 Like

Also I did not put my idea for librams.
Mysterious Libram. 6 mana cost, if you have no secrets in play, play 5 secrets from your deck.

1 Like

It’s not really exaggeration. It’s kind of like Flamewaker with an Apprentice and then infinite generation to OTK something.

Things that cost 0 have a scary way of breaking the game. Or at least the potential. We’ve already seen it a bit with Mount Seller and Druid/Paladin. Well we’ve seen what a weak version can do.

It’s not too hard to make a broken version. That’s the worry more so than the reality. Those turns are strong but not game breaking strong.

Except Paladin doesn’t have any way to break them in standard, except by playing a worse version of Spell Druid. And in wild, they support an OTK that was already possible anyway, and it doesn’t look like Exodia Druid is terrorizing the meta.

Libram of Improvement
0 mana Spell
At start of game: automatically cast this Spell from your hand or deck. If cast this way, restart the game, but pick one of your other decks.

2 Likes

You are either a troll or clueless about game mechanics, or possibly just a paladin hater, I will never waste my time responding to you again

"What book am I reading?

None of your business."

2 Likes

Libram of Identity

1 mana epic spell

Discover a card from a failed paladin archetype

3 Likes

Libram of truth, 0 mana Change all cards in your hand and deck to shaman class cards.

4 Likes

I win tons of game in casual with libram paladin. Many times against competitive decks.

by casual u mean not on ladder? its like a whole new world there
is there lots of priests there?

1 Like

Anyone that likes Librams is a troll now? Really dude, calm down.

it most likely won’t
I wonder though, what will HS do now that not only LoR but Gwent is on mobile

1 Like

Well, as someone who played only pally for a month I can tell :astonished

The biggest problem of pally is tempo. Pally has buff, pally has value. But he doesn’t have tempo at all. If you kill his minions early, he can’t get back tempo because he has nothing to buff and buff are expensives. Late game, sure he can throw some tirion/crusader, but that just one big drop for all their mana. The only decent combo late are the mountseller and adventurer, but they require some setup. Libram mountseller is also significantly worse than druid’s one.