5 balance patches and librams will still be bad

I said it shortly after launch, and it’s still true.

Paladin better get some killer stuff in August.

10 Likes

It’ll be something that sticks too heavily to Paladin’s identity of cool cards being mediocre like:

Libram of Face-Punching
6 mana spell
Deal 2 damage

If you get your discounts rolling its TWO FREE DAMAGE, OH MY GOD!!!

Or something absurdly OP.

11 Likes

Libram of desperation: discard your hand, destroy all minions of the field, summon 2 8/8 Guardians with taunt, divine shield, rush and lifesteal.

4 Likes

Libram of Justifying Mechanics
8 mana spell
For every Libram you’ve played this game, deal 10 damage to the enemy hero.

Blizz: We didn’t expect it to have this drastic of an impact on the meta, we’ll announce a balance patch soon.

21 Likes

I think Pure Libram will be good after the next patch. Rogue and Highlander Mage should decrease in efficacity and popularity. And those are 2 hard matchup

I’d be happy with something as simple as:

Libram of knowledge
7 mana spell
Draw 3 cards and reduce their cost by (1)

With the reductions you’ll get to use it at around 3-5 mana in an average game, and even less at times. Paladin desperately needs card draw, even if it’s not necessarily as good as other classes.

1 Like

Libram of Opinion
10 mana spell
If you have played 6 libram cards this game you win the match.

Flavor text: “The forum has spoken and we must follow their will.”

6 Likes

I mean, only one of them has directly touched Librams, so you might as well have said 1 balance patch.

1 Like

Libram of Mercy; concedes the game to prevent you from having to continue playing the match as Paladin so that you can play another class and maybe win.

6 Likes

If I had 840 dust, I could steal the meta with Paladin.

Is it possible to gift dust to others? If yes, then is begging punishable?

What is your proposed list

I don’t see how librams are bad when they are included in almost every serious pally deck except murlocs. If they’re so bad, you’d expect people would run other pally cards instead.

Paladin’s overall place in the meta is bad, but I don’t blame that on librams being bad, but on the silly things other classes have. Anything from DH and hunter pressure to big value from galakrond to huge tempo swings from highlander. The amount of random generation everybody else has right now also means the “free” generation from librams isn’t as valuable in practical terms.

As said above, there’s only one patch that directly touched libram related cards. The other patches mostly nerfed DH, but DH isn’t really the pally’s worst problem. The upcoming nerfs to stuff like mage and rogue janking and DQA hopefully will help pallies more, indirectly.

They are bad, because they are not competitive on ladder.

The individual matchup data vs other popular decks is really bad, and picking up a few percentage points here and there isn’t going to flip those sub 40% matchups to wins.

Every time something gets nerfed, things that didn’t get nerfed are comparatively better. Despite multiple balance changes librams have still failed to present a significant impact on the meta.

Saying other classes just have more powerful stuff is the same thing as saying librams are bad, except you’re trying to make it seem somehow different.

The evidence is in, the stats are there, this expansion is waning and librams have failed.

Paladin will need a very strong set compared to almost all other classes to gain any competitive foothold in August’s expansion.

1 Like

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I don’t really want Libram Paladin to be good. Playing against those endless free buffs kinda sucks.

3 Likes

Because the rest of Paladin cards are weak/undervalued. Just because they are Paladin’s best cards, doesn’t make them good. They have little support, are slow, and when you depend on a single win condition that requires half the deck to not only be drawn, but played, that’s a problem.

just remember how weak Raza priest was before anduin was released.

1 Like

You forgot Windfury. XP

1 Like

Again you people act like this is the fault of Librams for some reason. I don’t know how many time I have to say this, but Librams are the support package, not the Win Condition.

Paladin’s problems come 100% from the last several sets before AoO being total jank for them, not AoO.

4 Likes

I think libram is a dangerous mechanic: if more “discount” cards will be printed, or very powerful “10 mana” spell, then this deck would be very strong.

It isn’t op, but having the “free” +1/+1" on every minion before trading is already a pretty busted mechanic (you can also have more of this spell in hand wih liadrin); if it isn’t oppressive now it’s just because paladin doesn’t have a way to get a strong board while keeping in check the opponent’s ones.

I hope that this mechanic won’t be problematic, but also that it won’t be left alone (like every other paladin archetype)

Doubt it won’t cause Blizzard likes to add broken stuff to other classes rather paladin.

2 Likes