3 New Neutral Minions, Octo Masseuse

Epic · Minion · Perils in Paradise · Battlecry: Craft a custom 1-Cost Potion.

Rare · Minion · Perils in Paradise · Deals octuple damage to minions.

Rare · Minion · Perils in Paradise · After you draw a card, 50% chance to draw another.

Ive seen many OTK potential stuff from Octo Masseuse that said, im not sure if Always a bigger Jormunger will work as people are theorizing with this card, but hey Ashtongue exists in wild.

Im curious if package dealer can trigger off of itself, so it could by some incredibly low chance draw a ton of cards, or cause someone to accidentally overdraw when randomly summoned

Mixologist is Kazakus’s 1 mana spell pool

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to give the octopus rush and some attack buffs, especially when it also is a Mech so magnetics work. That’s going to be rather a problem.

1 Like

Mixologist goes into every HL list and a lot of control lists, 1 mana Kaz potions were already the second best option (5 mana on curve was better, and 10 mana pots were basically always bad post Jade Druid meta.)

Octo-masseuse is funny but probably not good. If there’s any interaction with Bigger Joramaunger, it’ll get instantly patched.

Package Dealer is an arena card.

Crazed alchemist is core so that + bigger jormunger is a win turn 5 potentially depending on how it interacts (8*(or less if they damaged it)*8 damage or 64 damage possible with the two cards so whatever that excess damage in can push face.) Edit: nevermind this doesn’t work

Again even if it works this way (which it likely won’t with how other “minion takes extra damage” things have worked in the past), I can’t imagine it won’t get fixed relatively quickly with a hotfix (and even if it works, I can’t imagine it’ll be super duper viable, it is a fairly expensive combo (make sure opponent has minion, play this (4 mana), give it rush (? Bunny stomper for 2 mana), flip its stats (2 mana), and jormunger (2 mana))

Either that or bless/inner fire but those are not core currently

still have to get it to live on the board, also those aren’t hunter cards (an 8/8 on turn 5 is perfectly fine)

i see you, Octo-masseuse. :eyes:

You win with it having 3 or more health before the flip+jormunger (3+2 attack or 5*8: 40 damage-minions health) Edit: nevermind Hat confirmed this does not work

Mixologist seems like a natural fit for Highlander decks. Not necessarily meta-defining, but a card that will warrant some play.

Octo-masseuse might have some OTK potential depending on how the interaction works. If the OTK-route doesn’t work, it’s still a solid card to remove your opponent’s minions. Removal on a stick can always find a home.

Package Dealer is power-crept Boulderfist Ogre. Clearly OP and definitely not a meme. I mean you get to pay 6 mana to maybe draw some extra cards! Probably Day 1 nerf needed for this. It’s all ogre baby.

2 Likes

Isn’t package dealer a reprint of a legendary from way back?

People theorized this stuff back when piercing shot was introduced with moarg artificer, and even before that with rolling fireball, but in both cases the excess was determined before the damage was applied, so it didnt actually deal more damage. It wouldnt surprise me if jormunger works in a similar way where excess damage is determined before the damage is octupled

3 Likes

Not really. Mogor gave a 50% chance for minions to attack a different target. Good fun in Big Priest!

If you mean Nat Pagle, that was only on your first drawn card of the turn, this triggers every time you draw a card

2 Likes

Yes, I meant that!

Thank you

2 Likes

I don’t see how players can remain excited for this game.
It’s a never ending stream of broken cards.

There will be people that try the Octo + Bigger Jormunger combo, wonder why their opponent didn’t explode and cry bugged. Every other card that does excess damage doesn’t work with doubling effects. I don’t expect this card to be the exception and if it is I don’t expect it to stay that way for long.

1 Like

Common · Minion · Ashes of Outland · Whenever this minion takes damage, also deal that amount to your hero.
Epic · Spell · Knights of the Frozen Throne · Choose a friendly minion and give it to your opponent.
Shenanigans with this somehow?

2 Likes

I saw that completely on curve too, you can literally just play the octo on 4 then the other 2 and the 1 mana +4/+4 spell on the following turn if it survives

1 Like

This is also good for standard
Rare · Minion · Perils in Paradise · Deals octuple damage to minions.
Rare · Spell · Whizbang

That’s a board wipe. But I don’t know why you’d do that instead of just giving threads of despair to a poison minion instead because that’s a board wipe as well.

1 Like